Things Are Going Really Good

Did it grow?

Let’s take a 3 year period where we start with a $50,000. In year 1, the company does well and you get a 5% raise. In year two, it does extremely well and you get a 10% raise. In year 3, it struggles a bit and you only get a 1% raise.

By the end of each year, you’re making:

$52,500
$57,750
$58,328

At the end of year three, you’re doing better than you’ve ever done, but clearly year three resulted in a significantly under par raise. Doing better than you’ve ever done is a result of compounding returns, despite current conditions being worse than any of the prior years.

2 Likes

Explain please.

What horse ■■■■■

1 Like

I can’t. I don’t understand it myself because it’s voodoo. All I know is that there is a $.09 multiplyer on gdp when the government something something.

Good Lord.

1 Like

Growing slow and steady, no faster than under the previous administration. Maybe even slower.

I make 20k at 20
52 at 40
60 at 45
61 at 65

Am I better off than I’ve ever been?

Ok, so things are really good. And if they’ve grown since the last, they’re better now.

Why aren’t we at 4,5,6 percent? That was the promise…

Small thinking would suggest you are. But this is not elementary school. The real world is different and compounding returns are a real world, adult reality and help to determine the answer to the question more fully. Which, along with a multitude of factors (Inflation, COL, etc.) would clearly indicate if you were making $60,000 at age 45 and only $61,000 20 years later that you are, by any objective measure, NOT better off. In fact, you are going to be exponentially worse off based on this data.

Because ■■■■ happens.

Trump promises a lot of stuff and so do the rest of them.

What’s wrong with 2? Why can’t you be happy?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: if 61k is the most I have ever made, it’s the best off I have ever been. Inflation? :rofl: So if I was still making 52k, I would be better off than today because: inflation?

As I noted, and you so astutely validated, my point regarding small thinking stands. Thank you for the confirmation.

Y’all look at this. I am not better off at 61 than I was at 60.

1 Like

And yet again. Thank you for proving my point. :+1:

You’re welcome. 60k is better than 61k. Got it.

There is nobody on this board doing worse than they were 3 years ago in the same situation.

1 Like

I am happy with 2. I always was. It was the herd of independent thinkers that wailed during the Obama years that 2 was failing, 2 was practically failing, 2 was UnAmerican and unacceptable.

That’s why the herd jumped on Trump 's 4, 5, and 6. And now the herd is claiming 2 is hot! Gangbusters! Better than it’s ever been! Better than Obama!

It’s so ridiculous.

It really depends on what your cost of living is at 60 compared to 61. On its face it’s technically higher, and “better.” However when you add in real life economic context, it may or may not be worse.

Are you better off than you were 3 years ago?