Things Are Going Really Good

Yes. But I was better off the three years prior, also.

And I’m not a farmer who went bankrupt.

1 Like

I know what his motivated reasoning is. We can add crap in until we get the Trump Sucks! answer if you guys want.

So your 6 times better off! Good for you! I’m happy for you!

Farming is tough, no doubt.

60 and 61 are referring to the annual wage amount. As in $60,000 versus $61,000. The ages given were at age 45 for $60K and age 65 for $61K. There is no objective measure based on these factors and the known variables over the prior 20 years that would indicate an increase of only $1,000 in wages in a 20 year time span would mean you are currently better off. Cost of goods alone from 2000 to 2020 would bear this out.

I think it’s better, but I don’t see it as any better than during the Obama years, for me personally. It’s a wash for me, but everyone’s situation is different.

Too many factors play into that to make a value judgement. Was a car or mortgage payed off? Did a new cheaper medication introduced that was required daily? Too many variables out there to judge the individual. It’s better to look at the aggregate.

That is irrelevant to the points being made.

But yes I am. Not because of anything Trump* has done. Rather, due to my own diligence and effort. As I am also “better off” now than I was 20 years ago, considering I was able to increase my annual income levels by substantially more than $1,000 during that two-decade span.

*3rd Impeached President of the United States.

Where are your math skills? That doesn’t equal 6x better off.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Meh…on a shorter timescale perhaps. But over a 2 decade span, then it is quite easy to assess an increase of only $1,000 during this prior 20 years not being enough to offset a multitude of known variables. Even if the unknown variables assisted in making it more equitable. Especially given what the purchasing power of $60K was in 2000 versus the purchasing power of $61K in 2020. We can easily establish mortgage costs at this income level from 20 years ago. Car payments as well. Etc…

Ok, I can respect that. I got a tax cut, I’m better off.

You are truly blessed. Thank the Good Lord. Oh and smile.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1: hyperbole to break through the hate. I thought you were going to ignore it.

The Lord doesn’t pick and choose financial winners and losers. Good luck and smart choices. He had the good luck and smart sense to marry me. If he had kept up his prior trajectory, he’d be living in a van down by the river.

1 Like

:metal::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::ok_hand::clown_face::sweat_smile::grinning::smiley::smile::grin::laughing::sweat_smile::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::wink::blush::star_struck::relaxed::yum::hugs::grimacing::partying_face::sunglasses::money_mouth_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The Good Lord picks everything

I don’t think you understand how any of this works.

1 Like

I understand completely how it works. I work it.

You thought my compounding returns over three years example was ■■■■■■■■■ and then used an example over the course of 45 years and thought that was somehow a good retort.

1 Like

Ok, if you say so. Wallow in your misery.

Why would I do a silly thing like that? :smirk: