The Visionless GOP

Or…he loved God and people.

RINO hunting season. Once the RINO’S are ousted and replaced with MAGAladons, the GOP agenda will have plenty of teeth.

The freedom caucus and tea party say hi. All handful of them. Any day now. Nevermind the fact that the RINO title just means disagrees with on any issue or subject. Good luck.

1 Like

:rofl: My congressman just sent me an email “They lied and spied!”

This was my reply;

How about instead of carrying on about what Dems do, you focus on programs to help with issues we face.

What is the GOP actually for? Healthcare is a huge problem, what’s the plan? “Dems bad!”?

Stop being so negative and do something positive!

2 Likes

RINO means pursuing policies that favour the political elite on both sides, rather than those that are concerns of the general population who voted Republican.

No it doesn’t. I am sure you can cite examples where that’s the only meaning. It’s not though. RINO is a purity test full stop.

Your mind does not determine reality for others. What are the elements of what you call purity in that post?

Lol. The politically stupid believe that, without reservations.

One RINO in particular is Collins of Maine who got 56,000 more votes than trump in Maine.

Maine went biden.

Allan

Currently lock step with whatever the former president believes.

McCain was the Republican nominee for president and then he was a traitor

Romney fills that description nicely

Then of course Iraq, war on terror, etc etc etc.

RINO is the du jure monicker for politicians who disagree with something that some of you want.

I thought we were supposed to get a much better and cheaper plan 4-5 years ago?

What are the elements of what you call purity in that post?

The long awaited platform is here.
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017f-1cf5-d281-a7ff-3ffd5f4a0000

Finish the wall and name it Trump Wall :joy:

Did you?

Whatever subjective stand is. Those who use the term RINO instead of pointing out the good and the bad about a particular politician are essentially windsocks.

Here let me demonstrate. Trump was the republic an president between 2017-2020. He did quite a few things correctly. Governed in a lot of ways from the middle and we can point to his campaign promises as having either a correlative or a causative relationship to things like the record unemployment rates. It can be argued that his policy of deregulation pushed it past the flattening curve.

He also did a lot of things wrong. The same deregulation arguably can be said to have long term repercussions to things like the environment etc.

Also the tax cut for example. Good for business but there is a sundown clause. Of course it can be fixed but did it need to be there.

Then there was a crisis and regardless of what can and cannot be blamed on him he is allegedly a leader. He kinda failed at that or may be in some ways he succeeded and was hated for it

I think the only thing that’s indefensible is his post election positioning but i am sure globalism and blah blah cna be used to defend anything.

Anyway without delving too deeply into these points do you see what i mean?

Right here:

You do not speak for “the general population who voted Republican.” You speak only to your own perspective - and as such, your definition of “RINO” speaks only to your personal purity test.

There are, no doubt, many millions of Republicans who disagree with you, and your version of ideological purity.

2 Likes

No it didn’t need to be there but Democrats insisted. Republicans put up a stand alone bill to make it permanent, Democrats voted against it.

1 Like

I am sure it was as simple as that with no kabuki involved mhmmm

It’s almost like that time when the ACÁ vote was happening and the gop was voting against their own amendments. En masse too.

Nope not theater

It was.

Killed by Senate Dems.

1 Like

No it wasn’t because the law that eventually passed didn’t match this one and not just In the sunset provision part of it. I wonder if this bill was pushed specifically so they can make your point come election time. I wonder why 11 republicans in the house voted against it. Something to do it being election year. I think.

This was a separate bill to make the personal cuts permanent, democrats killed it, it passed the house and was pretty much along party lines.

1 Like