The Visionless GOP

Execpt for the 11 republicans who votes against it. It wasn’t just to make them permanent stop. It was with costs.

The GOP continues to stand for nothing.

1 Like

No. You said, “RINO is a purity test full stop.”

You made the assertion. You have yet to explain what the elements of that purity are.

So, what environmental conditions became measurably worse because of deregulation? Claiming they were making things worse because according to the theory of climate change they ought to be making things worse is not science.

There is nothing to stop Congress extending the benefits of the tax cuts via legislation. Maybe Trump wanted to make Congress shoulder their responsibilities more.

Thank you for answering my question.

The elements for the test are ever changing. By the way i explained it. Currently it’s anything that the former President is for. Tomorrow? Who knows? Such is the life of windsocks

I agree to a degree. For now.

I also think America First or MAGA has the potential to change that if embraced. More of the same doesn’t.

Well, it’s a plan. Not perfect, but he’s on the right track…

2 Likes

I have to agree with Ol’ Juan

1 Like

Well the house dems did that during the trump era, and they were blasted by many here as political moves by the ds

Now with this plan the house republicans will be doing the exact same thing. (Passing legislation with no chance of becoming law)

Political posturing.

Allan

Wrong on both counts.

I have owned a small business.
My post was not stupid- my employer does not “give me a check”. The post you made to which I responded completely misstates the employer/employee relationship from an economic perspective, and it needed to be called out.

Ayn Rand was completely wrong…yet some of you just cannot give her up.

2 Likes

I agree it is a symbiotic relationship, once the job is created and the position filled.

I will also agree that management often under estimates the value of the worker and is quick to disrespect them.

I heard a manager observe that "we get hired for our technical abilities, we get fired for our (lack of) “people skills”. Lot of truth in that.

Most people of reasonably cognitive ability are fairly capable of performing most tasks within their fields. Especially if they are set up for success before the task starts.

Management is often negligent in that set up. Mostly due to Work As Imagined vs Work As Done gaps and competing goals. Unrealistic expectations.

It is an interesting phenomenon.

Add in the concept if behavior based error management (a disaster), authoritarian high modernism, etc, it leads us to where we are.

I am starting to see encouraging (albeit slow) signs of awakening. The Great Resignation is helping. COVID shook the paradigm. Romanticizing your life.

Very interesting times.

Ayn Rand was not completely wrong. She just wasn’t completely correct.

Wha?

The individual tax cuts were made temporary by the GOP so that they could use reconciliation to pass it and avoid a D filibuster.

Notice, they didn’t make the corp. cuts temporary…

apply the same thought process to DeSantis with his vague and redundant teaching law.

Stay on topic.

glock triggered

And then, they put up a stand alone bill to make the personal cuts permanent and democrats voted against it. As I said.

1 Like

It’s fun and curious to chart lunar cycles on various flip-flopping.

I would agree that the GOP RINOs and Neocons have no interest in the GOP governing with MAGA policies that counter their globalist aspirations. They would rather be paid off to let the Dems carry the globalist baton further up the track than hand over the reins to MAGA fans.

2 Likes

wrong, shrinking the regulatory state is “for” smaller government.

start where trump left off, end the monopoly exclusion and sell insurance across state lines, most favored nation pricing for prescription drugs, stop requiring insurance to cover things people don’t need or want.

why should the federal government fund it at all? be for smaller government.

perhaps you’ve heard of senator scott?

2 Likes

Great plan. Dumbass

I’m sorry, I missed this.

So more of the same ol’ crap. The electorate has changed.

hey, you want the nanny state, good for you. i support less government and the start of that is being against more government.