The trial. What witnesses would you call?

No vote has to be taken about witnesses unless the rules of the trial call for it.

Mitch and Gramnesty get to make the rules.

1 Like

Sure- but the mutineers have signaled they want witnesses and will not vote for a dismissal of the impeachment without a trial. McConnell’s hands are tied and he knows it.

The house had an opportunity to make that case and failed to do so.

At no point has anyone provided any evidence to suggest Trump was going after Biden to gain a political advantage over him.

They don’t get to vote on dismissal unless the rules are written to allow it.

Repeating yourself will not change the facts.

We aren’t talking about the merits of the case. We are talking about if there will be witnesses and true trial and not a dismissal. You said:

“They are not obligated to actually conduct a trial if the charges don’t warrant consideration.”

Several GOP Senate mutineers are insuring there will be a trial with witnesses. McConnell can’t stop that.

Oh good Lord. Believe what ever you choose.

Try keeping up, Read my original statement again and quote it.

Here, I’ll even help.

Right. It’s about who gets the political benefit. I think that calling Shifty, Hunter and the W.B. would score points for the republicans.

Liberals impeached the President and want further witnesses in the Senate.

Not their choice. The house doesn’t get to dictate to the senate.

Their job was to make a convincing case in The House and they failed to.

1 Like

And what does that have to do with whether or not liberals care?

Says the person who says only witnesses that “score political points” should be called?

Fine with me. I’m hoping for Shifty, Hunter and the W.B.

Stop moving the goalposts endlessly.

Care all you want, whine all you want but you don’t get to dictate to the senate.

Um, I responded to altair saying liberals dont care by showing they care so much they want witnesses and impeached trump already

1 Like

Exactly. There is no doubt that is what will happen. Since there is zero chance that the President will be removed, the only thing to gain is political points. You see some other more noble cause?

The only libs who impeached Trump are members of the House.

The House cannot dictate to the senate.

The rest of you don’t matter.

The only point of this farce has been Nancy trying to score political points, why should that change when it goes to trail?

Irrelevant to me and altair discussion you jumped into

Actually trying to discern the truth of what went down?

Those things that only the people Donald Trump didn’t allow to testify would know?

Political points is more noble than the truth?

Interesting…