The trial. What witnesses would you call?

I really don’t think thats gonna work out well for them. They are all about threatening to subpoena weird witnesses- Schiff? But Id really love to see how a vote goes down on this- will the GOP Gang of Mutineers also vote for the Whistleblower, Hunter or Biden himself? I have a feeling they aren’t gonna allow for crazy town but perhaps Hunter?

None, just have the defense make a motion for dismissal on the merits and let the judge dismiss the case.

I just don’t think so. A room full of senators trying to make up that Hunter is a criminal that could only be investigated by the president, Giuliani with a henchmen named Igor? Backfire city.

1 Like

They can try, but it is not going to happen. This is going to trial. McConnell and the rest of the GOP knows it and is saying as much today. They are also going to call witnesses. Probably some from both sides.

1 Like

The GOP Gang of Mutineers aren’t gonna let that happen. They are pushing for witnesses to be called.

They’ve already won the case. The president is not going anywhere. I would call whomever gives them a few political points. I think that Hunter, Shifty and the W.B. have great potential to do that.

They couldn’t stop it if that were the chosen route taken.

They are not obligated to actually conduct a trial if the charges don’t warrant cosideration.

Remember Mitch and Gramnesty get to make the rules.

I doubt it happens but that’s exactly what should happen.

It was up to the house to instigate and bring forward legitimate charges and they failed to do so.

Politicians however will do whatever they think is best for their own political ambitions.

We know.
.WW, PHS

I wouldnt count on Roberts dismissing it…Something tells me he’s not a fan of Trump, and thinks he’s dirty…call it a hunch.

1 Like

A fair trial isn’t a popularity contest.

Robert’s can’t dismiss it. It will take a vote of the Senators to dismiss Articles of Impeachment and McConnell doesn’t want GOP Senators on record with a motion to dismiss prior to the case for/against being made.
.WW, PHS

Nope. A vote has to take place about witnesses. A gang of mutineers (Collins, Romney, Murkowski, others) have said they will vote to allow witnesses on both sides. McConnell can’t stop that. He said there will be a trial and it won’t be dismissed.

It is for President Trump* among his base.

• 3rd Impeached President in US History
    .WW, PHS
2 Likes

I’m just being honest. Your democratic leaders don’t care about anything but winning either. Am I right?

This is why McConnell desperately wanted too dismiss the case. Not only will democrat witnesses bolster the case for impeachment, republican witnesses could easily backfire against them as well.

I like this rule. It’s my favorite! NO MATTER WHO IS CALLED, TRUMP WILL STILL BE PRESIDENT WHEN IT’S ALL OVER.

Awesome rule, Yes? :us:

Nope. Its not about winning-. Very simply- a president should be held accountable if they solicit a foreign government to go after their political opponents to win domestic elections. Full stop.

Psst - I’m not a Democrat.

Here is my Presidential voting record:

• Regan
  • Regan
  • Bush I
  • Bush I
  • Dole
  • Bush II
  • Bush II
  • Kasich

.WW, PHS

2 Likes

Yup-= that was a foregone conclusion. This isn’t about that.

The real question comes when witnesses like Bolton are subpoenaed and then the White House asserts executive privilege. Since John Roberts would be right there, would this force the SC to act quickly to make a decision or would it be an effective strategy to scuttle witnesses for the Dems?