The Torture of Paul Manafort

It’s a deflection. You called solitary confinement punishment, not torture before I posted that calling it torture feels like hyperbole. You went for “both sides” immediately after. Could have just said “yeah, I agree.”

Or maybe you don’t agree?

No deflection. You’re losing the plot.

I never said it is torture.

What was Manafort convicted of before he was treated this way?

Is it hyperbole to call it torture?

The psychologist PhD says no.

What was Manafort convicted of to be treated this way?

You know what Manafort was convicted of. Do you want me to list each conviction, or is it enough to say I understand you feel those charges didn’t justify solitary confinement?

Before he was put in solitary confinement.

Again - do you need the list, or will you just come to the point?

I am at the point. He was placed in solitary confinement BEFORE he was convicted, not after. He was denied bail. Is he in solitary confinement now?

I didn’t ask what the PhD thought.

What was the justification for solitary BEFORE he was convicted?

I don’t blame you. It certainly doesn’t fit the emotional narrative by libs on display in this thread.

Stop and think about what they did to him.

I have no idea, they certainly can’t justify it AFTER THE CONVICTION .

What is it you think they did to him? He was put in solitary after a judge ruled that he violated the conditions of his release while awaiting trial. Do you know what the conditions of his confinement were? Was he locked away in a stripped cell for 23 hours a day? Did he receive any amenities or conditions that made it not torture?

Maybe let’s simply stop tap dancing around the bull ■■■■ assertion in the thread title that he was tortured?

BOTH SIDES

So torture (PhD) as punishment. “While awaiting trial”? Whaaaat!!! He hadn’t be convicted of anything and yet he was denied bail and locked in solitary confinement for…

Tax evasion?
Bank fraud?
Lying to thugs in suits?

What else?

A ■■■■■■■ 70 year old bank defrauder. You know why they did it. Enhanced interrogation.

The PhD agrees with the thread title. You have a degree in psychology Expertise Killer?

Do you? Do you agree with the PhD?

Was the PhD commenting specifically on the circumstances of the Manafort confinement?

Ah, now there’s a good question.

Like most things in life, it is much more complex than that. So my answer is:

It can be.

I don’t think so, are we going to get all nuancy?

You ever been locked up?