The Torture of Paul Manafort

Do you were making assumptions when you said that the PhD agreed with the thread title?

Absolutely not. He very clearly states solitary confinement is torture. No qualifiers.

Never been locked up. Do you have a degree?

Yes. And I’ve been locked up more than once. And I was an Instructor in it.

Good for you. Is it a PhD?

So you are sure that the details of Manafort’s confinement match up 100% to what the PhD is thinking as solitary confinement in our prison system?

I have one, but not in this.

No. Was Manafort in solitary confinement in our prison system?

What field, and from where?

Unconventional Warfare

The U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School

Class of '85.

Doctorate thesis and practical on FID and COIN in Latin America.

You?

No. In a jail. He was in a VIP section and segregated from the rest of the inmates for his safety. He was jailed because he broke terms of his release and bout concerns for witness tampering.

Interesting.

Degree is Russian, Degree in Exercise Science/Biomechanics, graduate work in Religious Studies. All from Arizona State.

Never been to prison. Never served in the military. Never been in outer space. Never snorted coke off a Vegas showgirl’s belly. Or a PhD’s belly, come to that.

1 Like

There should be qualifiers. It is lack of communication with other people over extended periods that makes it torture, so EXCESSIVE solitary is torture. I make no attempt here to define what is excessive obviously.

They give PhD’s there?

Jail is part of the prison system. Locked up is locked up. I knew you were going to do that though.

What was he convicted of before he was put in solitary confinement?

He was not segregated due to concerns for his safety. Who told you that lie?

After you come back from your practical. They don’t “give” ■■■■■ it has to be earned. Want the number?

NERD.

1 Like

I like you, so I’m going to let that one slide.

I’m just wondering if jail and prison are different? Regardless, he was segregated for one month, as far as I can tell.

Are you saying only convicts are segregated?

I just read the quote from Manafort’s lawyer online.

Bucket list.