The Torture of Paul Manafort

Yes, what a horrible country we live in. If someone is convicted of a crime here or accepts a plea deal, we impose sentences which may involve jail time. No other country in the world would be barbaric enough to torture criminals in such a fashion. The horror!!!

Twitter is to the left what YouTube is to the right.

I asked for a link regarding criticism of the treatment that occurred at Guantanamo Bay and was assured there were plenty from the left. When I specifically asked about links from those who are critical about the treatment of P Manafort who were also critical of the treatment at Guantanamo Bay I am told it is irrelevant.

1 Like

Maybe you should start a thread on Guantanamo Bay.

From the people who brought you “enchanced interrogation”…

2 Likes

Solitary confinement is not torture. Unless they left the lights on 24-7 and fed him on bread and water.

What I would want to say about that particular subject would result in a timeout or more likely a permanent ban from this site. So with respect I will decline the offer.

No it wouldn’t. That’s bull ■■■■■

You ever been in solitary confinement?

Never have been, but to me I think it’d be paradise.

At least Manafort survived…which is more than can be said for Epstein…

Okay…edited…

I’m assuming these folks are given books to read? If they’re in there with no stimulation whatever, I agree that shouldn’t happen to kids or the mentally ill.

To a grown man, a few days of solitary confinement? Paradise.

Don’t know if you are being fascetious but solitary confinement isn’t Walden Pond.

So are you advocating solitary confinement in our prison system if you consider it torture? I don’t recall you ever complaint about this torture in our prison system before.

I lost sleep over this cruelty last night.

PRAY FOR PAULIE!!!

3 Likes

I’m not in prison. Some (a lot) people can’t handle it. I didn’t have a problem with it, but it was a relatively short time.

And it is punishment.

“Torture” in this context feels like needless hyperbole.

:rofl: how soon we forget.

Sorry, forgot the “BOTH SIDES :rofl:” disclaimer to spare you the trouble.

It’s because you’re blind in your left eye.

Thankfully we’ve got you (collective) here playing Deflection Bingo in every thread to keep us all honest. :wink:

1 Like

Deflection? Hardly. Just because you don’t like the results doesn’t mean it’s a deflection.