The three week shutdown reprieve of today is merely a pragmatic survival measure by saner heads in the administration

So this is NOT a battery that will supply power constantly and reliable to a town of 2,000 then.

INCOME from whatever source derived. An asset is NOT income to the person until they sell it.

Uh, no. Which is why I said energy storage.

And I asked for an example of energy storage that could power a town of 2,000.

Clearly that energy storage can not do that ā€“ without some sort of other energy production.

Funny thing about paintings.

There are these things called Freeports where art is stored without being taxed at all.

Basically the rich can buy up a ton of art and store it tax free for an indeterminate amount of time.

The capital that is hidden tax free in the global art market that is untaxed is staggering

So when the super rich cry crocodile tears about a wealth tax and middle to lower class defend them I just shake my head

The really rich get so many tax breaks that you and I do not have access to and never will

As I responded to another thingā€¦ there are a ton of assets that can be held tax free and cross international boundaries tax freeā€¦ they are called Freeports.

An enormous tax advantage that exempts billions of dollars from being taxed.

It is crazy.

Yeah, which is why I then mentioned wind/solar.

Iā€™m not sure where the confusion is.

Also Nuclear.

all those thing are already taxed, its not theft to increase them.

Hydroelectric provide 19% of the power for the whole state, coal provides less then 1%.

Please link me to ANY tax on a personā€™s assests defined by their net worth. Please and thank you.

Example. Warren Buffett is said to have a net worth of 87 billion dollars. Thatā€™s NOT income. So show me a law that says you have to pay x percentage of your net worht that is already on the tax law books. Please and thank you.

Do you own a house? you pay property tax.

Hydroelectric and Nuclear are two of the most reliable source of energy in America.

Guess thatā€™s good for New York.

What about stateā€™s that donā€™t have a lot of hydropower because, frankly there is no water?

Selling an asset in and of itself is not income anyway, itā€™s converting the form of the asset. Just so weā€™re straight on the accounting principles.
Income occurs if the asset is sold at an actual profit from itā€™s purchase, or conversely negative income if at a loss.

Build Nuclear its one of the most reliable sources of energy in America.

1 Like

Not to the federal government I donā€™t.

Please show in the constituton where the federal government can have a direct tax on assets of a person.

There is no reason for coal power plant to exist, there are so many better alternatives.

Have you seen how long it takes to get a new nuke plant up and running?

Blue Castle energy proposed a very small nuke plant in Utah in 2007. If everything goes smother from this point on, it MIGHT . . . big MIGHT be up and running in proposed date of 2030.

23 years to get a single nuke plant from planning stages to up and operational.

They have been trying in Utah.

Regulatory hurdles,
Law suits
more law suits
more regulatory hurdles

proposed in 2007. at this point they are hoping to be opperation by 2030.

Oh and every setback adds more costs, so the price to consumers will be higher.