The three week shutdown reprieve of today is merely a pragmatic survival measure by saner heads in the administration

We have all the technology we need now. Just not the investment.

Once again.

It is about ceasing the diffusion of environmental costs socially and having them built in to itā€™s use.

The increased cost is still thereā€¦ itā€™s just that the end user isnā€™t the one paying the full burden.

So yesā€¦ the costs will go up because the impact of use will cease being subsidized.

Solar is not reliable 24/7. Best solar planā€™t Iā€™ve found, on the longest day of sunshine a year they STILL have 2 hours a day of no production. Not to mention it was knocked out of service by a storm for several months.

Wind? Not sure of anyplace wind blows 24/7.

Those two are NOT reliable 24/7 and are a long way from being so.

I oppose any wealth tax.

Taxation should be imposed purely with a mindset of raising revenue for the government. The government should not be in the business of trying to break up concentrations of wealth.

Progressive (used in the mathematical sense of the word only) taxation through brackets is ok, as it pragmatically recognizes that lower income taxpayers cannot bear the same share of taxation as can higher income taxpayers. It should only be progressive to the degree necessary to protect lower income taxpayers, but not to overly punish higher income taxpayers. The current brackets are roughly what are needed.

I would support the current system of income taxation. I would support the current system of capital gains taxation.

I would oppose wealth taxation.

Property taxation by the States should be limited to that already used and not expanded.

And most sales tax regimes in place in the States are reasonable.

Firstā€¦ who is Pocahontas and what do you think her tax is?

Energy storage.

Pocohontus ā€“ Elizabeth Warren.

Iā€™ve seen her proposal, and like I said tomorrow if I get time Iā€™ll make a thread on it. But it is pure theft.

And thatā€™s reliable RIGHT now for a city with a population of say 2,000 people (very small town)?

Got a link to it?

Yes because the country was so much better after Bush 1, Bush 2, and Reagan than it was after Clinton and Obamaā€¦

Who started the Iraq War?

When did 9/11 happen?

Who crashed the economy?

Who created the homeless crisis?

Who tried to steal an election by breaking into their oppositionā€™s headquarters?

Who has several members of their campaign under indictment?

Who has conservative parents saying that ā€œgrab 'em by the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  is the language of a role model?

Questions, questions, questions.

Youā€™re pointing to farts on the left from atop your hill of diarrhea.

1 Like

Sure thing.

And how many of those would you need to power say New York City, and is there water/land available to do so?

Ohā€¦ Elizabeth Warren.

Why not use her name so everyone knows who you are talking about.

A 2% tax on assets over $50 million and a 3% tax on assets over a billion is akin to theft?

I would look at it as a just cost of being wealthy beyond all comprehension and not having to worry about anything in lifeā€¦ but that is just me.

I did some back of the envelope math a while ago. Youā€™d need 500ā€“1000 for the whole country.

Calling it a wealth tax is not accurate (not defending anything here)

A wealth tax would be on oneā€™s cash on hand or even assets as opposed to income. The high taxes proposed on the wealthy are still income taxes, not ā€œwealthā€ taxes.

Isnā€™t that also the one that can only be used for ā€œpeak timeā€ energy reliable? If I remember correctly if they ran it continously until they couldnā€™t get any more water from the upper resiviour, it would take over a full day to pump the water back up and start over again.

Yes itā€™s theft. Any income that was used to create the wealth was taxed. If assets are sold it would be taxed.

Now show me where in the constitution a direct tax on assets is allowed?

Trump will get kicked in the junk again. By Pelosi. The most powerful woman in the world. I never understood the weird insults for Pelosi on this board and on Drudge. Sheā€™s senile, having strokes, dementia. She just immasculated the president in a matter of days. And there are a ton of Republicans(elected and former officials) nodding and saying ā€œYou go girl!ā€ right now. And a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  of young Democrats who are like ā€œDamn!ā€ This is a woman who got house members to sacrifice themselves(as in they wouldnā€™t get reelected) to get ACA passed. Certain posters talk about how absolutely feared and respected she is, but the robot news poster here brings up dementia and strokes. Not a coincidence Trump doesnā€™t belittle Pelosi.

2 Likes

Yes, it is used for peak times, which is the only real problem with widespread wind/solar.

Iā€™mā€¦ without googlingā€¦ isnā€™t there something about ā€œwhatever source derivedā€?

Nope. her tax proposal is NOT on income. Itā€™s to find out a personā€™s net worth (home, stocks, bonds, things they own like paintings - minues their liabilities (loans and such)) Anythign over 50Mill you would have to pay a percentage to the government.

That is NOT a tax on income.