“The single greatest national security threat right now is our internal division.”

I generally agree. However, “big problem” implies they are “a problem”, just not the “big” one.

And you used “white supremacists” with “Trump supporters”.

And there was zero mention of the two groups responsible for months of rioting, destruction and injury during the summer of 2020. Which would have been a much more apt comparison to the Capitol Crowd than “radical jihadists”.

And finally, we can all pretend, but at the end of the day whatever paint the loudest and most radical is using will be splattered all over anybody in that particular barn. Despite protestations to the contrary. The media will see to it.

This has become an all or nothing proposition. Discretion will not be allowed, you are either for us or ag’in us - who ever “us” may be. And that is no accident. It is completely intentional.

What we are witnessing is the result of a Critical Theory war. Same objectives, same strategies, same tactics. Just different ideologies.

And it near symmetrical, despite that one side is trained and the other is OJTing (or mirroring).

It’s fascinating. Marx, Nietzsche, Sun Tzu, Marcuse, X, and Musashi all rolled into one war.

Confucius and Clausewitz kind of caught in the middle.

Locke, Price and Priestly et al as frightened spectators. Or maybe targets.

We are witnessing a transformation, or at least the genesis of one. The end of the era of the US as the “beacon of liberty”, The Anchor, the constant.

What’s that old curse? “May you live in interesting times”? We’re there. Brought to you by Twitter.

I can’t wait to see what comes next.

1 Like

That’s a horrible prospect. I pray we’re not anywhere close to this, and I’m not the praying type.

Not enough.

Our differences go deeper than just political ideology.

10-12 would be best. Each major region, so that drastically different cultures do not overlap.

Why?

Federations have the same end result. And there are natural allies among the nations.

Great thread @EternalVigilance

1 Like

This is likely to change. China is wants to rule the world, and we have been in their way. They have four times our population, and their economy roughly the same size and growing.

Biden is arguably the least competent leader to deal with China. If he makes any compromise, much of the US will assume that China has bought him off.

If he stands up to China, he will face blistering criticism from media and business who value access to the China market.

2 Likes

Yes. No one was terrified when a mob pushed by security and into the Capitol. No one was terrified when the Vice President had to be evacuated for his safety. No one was terrified when both chambers of Congress were evacuated as the mob entered the Capitol. No one was terrified watching the mob push their way into the House and Senate chambers. No one was terrified hearing gunshots had been fired inside the Capitol or watching a bloodied woman receive CPR.

Sorry some people were terrified to drive. Sounds rough.

1 Like

I would definitely say it’s failing.

Oh yes there was.

I said “big problem” simply to parrot the post I was replying to. In context none of these things are a “big” problem. Although that word is subjective.

Also, I did not specifically include white supremacists with Trump supporters. I included them as a subset of whites. Also,
I specifically included ANTIFA as an example of a problem in other replies.

Regardless, the “all or nothing/for us or against us” is by no means new. “Love it or leave it” has been echoed for decades. Maybe we are quicker to place labels. Maybe those who are being labeled aren’t accustomed to it.

If you ask me, the country is bored. The country is too complacent. There are no unifying wars, struggles, ambitions. Things that could be unifying (battling through a pandemic) are now politicized.

That was sarcasm. People most definitely were terrified.

1 Like

Nothing says unity and reconciliation like labeling your political opponents as “domestic terrorists”.

Instead of addressing doubts about election security with more transparency and more secure election systems, it looks like the government will simply criminalize anyone who protests. Of course, this approach bolsters suspicions that the government is not interested in free and fair elections.

On the bright side, the immigration may no longer be an issue. Who wants to come to a dismal one-party dictatorship?

2 Likes

Are they a problem at all?

I concede the specifics, I mentally grouped them together. My apologies. I’ve been beaten with that stick so much I flinch.

Love it or leave it is not the same thing as this all or nothing. We are demanding tattooing, not labels.

Wars haven’t been “unifying” since Korea, if ever. Attacks can be, but short-lived. Everything is politicized by all sides. Now all politics is radicalized.

Time is of the essence. When has there been more accusations and more transparency than in this election?

Time to take the fingers out of the ears and stop saying “Nanana!” over and over.

Trump lost; fair, square and Constitutionally.

Yes. Of course running as the great unifier was a great lie. I’m just surprised it happened so quickly. Trump messed up by alleging fraud where he couldn’t prove it and by not turning on the group of extremists earlier, like the ones that trespassed on the capitol.
But, after all the fires and lootings and killings that were ignored last summer, to use this trespass by a few idiots as a way to basically attack nearly half the country is absurd.
Biden has proven his “unify” stance to be a lie and made himself the enemy of half the country and he hasn’t even been inaugurated yet.
He is out Trumping the worst of Trump.

4 Likes

At this point, I am not concerned about Trump. I will accept Biden as President even if I believed he got the job as a result of a flawed election system.

I am concerned about how any election will be viewed as legitimate in the future unless we eliminate the electronic voting systems that have well-documented security flaws that predate the election.

CNN and the New York Times flagged this issue in 2018 and 2019. The issue still exists; it is just that the flawed systems gave the results that CNN and the Times agreed with.

2 Likes

Reminiscent of WMD.

It has been minor compared to three years of the Russia collusion hoax.

It is amazing how Democrats and the media hyped collusion and election interference after 2016, and they supported four years of frequently violent protests against the Trump administration.

Now they say collusion and election hacking is impossible, and any protests amount to domestic terrorism. While hypocrisy is nothing new in politics, the twisted logic is making my head spin.

2 Likes

They are one in the same. Silly.

Allan