“The single greatest national security threat right now is our internal division.”

With four years of strife and deep divisions we’ve had one incident where a handful of his supporters breached the capitol.

White supremacists? Even if they could manage to get together under a unified organization there aren’t enough of them to be a serious threat to even a single state, much less the nation.

If we want to create a serious internal domestic terrorism problem the way to do it is to start taking measures that even reasonable people will push back against.

1 Like

Not sure…I think their overreach is going to spark violence. Keep in mind the left been using that same violence for decades to their benefit.

When they start cracking down it will be a sign of weakness.

Use their tactic that they been using against THEM. :wink:

1 Like

Define “serious threat.”

One that could actually threaten the stability of a state or the nation as a whole.

Wouldn’t be anywhere near as bad, now, if a bunch of Confederate necks had been stretched at the conclusion of the War to Expand Slavery; say, every commissioned Confederate officer, CSA official, clerk, bureaucrat, elected office holder, and slave owner would have done it.

Radical Trump supporters cannot actually threaten the stability of a state or the nation as a whole. If they were as big a problem as some would like to make them this nation would have already gone up in a hail of blood, bullets and what remained would have already been burnt to the ground.

ANTIFA cannot actually threaten the stability of a state or the nation as a whole. If they were as big a problem as some would like to make them this nation would have already gone up in a hail of blood, bullets and what remained would have already been burnt to the ground.

No need to crackdown on either group. It will just lead to more division and chaos.

If that had happened there would have been no reconciliation or healing of the nation and we’d probably still be fighting a large insurgency.

The US would never then have been able to achieve any level of greatness and would probably then have succumbed to external invasion.

That’s not just short sighted thinking it’s completely blind.

2 Likes

You are of course completely wrong.

Antifa destabilized the entire nation for months this summer and absent a major crackdown things could have gotten much worse.

When these radical Trump supporters start burning and looting cities taking over portions of them and declaring their own sovereign states let’s have this chat again.

2 Likes

Wonderful satire. Thanks!

1 Like

All I know if this.

Several of us predicted this would happen…that the leftists version of “unity” under Biden would be to simply crush and silence conservatives.

Weds provided a very convenient backdrop to do exactly that. Trump’s banned from Twitter, They’re going after Parler, CNN apparently is going after Fox, Josh Hawley’s book pulled, AOC calling for Hawley and Cruz to resign…just a few examples.

Biden has already broken the campaign promise about “unity”. This is turning into an attack on free speech and Biden hasn’t even taken office.

You don’t unify the country by trying to shut down the free speech rights of those who disagree with you.

6 Likes

Nicely put.

The same people who actively pushed the Russia collusion lie and worked daily to bludgeon this administration…the same media who provided 90% negative coverage of a presidency that had several policy successes, the same CNN that gave us Chris Cuomo saying “who says protest has to be peaceful”, the same people who peddled the 93% of protests were peaceful crap while buildings were burning behind them, are now coming after not just Trump but his supporters.

This is some disgusting ■■■■ folks.

6 Likes

About ten years ago on the old boards I stated that I thought we would end up splitting into at least 3 or more separate nations.

3 Likes

I hope you are right. But trump is still in office. He is still president. Some of His supporters still believe trump will somehow retain the office. Once they see that Biden actually take office, I hope they will remain peaceful and not let their anger take over.

Everyone needs to stop saying that election can still be overturned. Move on and prep for 2024.

1 Like

Good posts - both of you.

1 Like

Fact, not satire.

People across the country were terrified of even driving because they never knew when one of the flash mob’s would shut down traffic and start assaulting innocent people.

Cities were under threat all across the country with major riots breaking out in a dozen or more states and with violence breaking out at many of the protests across the country.

We’ve racked up more police overtime in this country this year than we have since 9-11 because of it.

Hundreds of cops across the country were injured in responding to or defending against these assaults.

“Some of His supporters”, a very small percentage of same.

Trump will leave the office willingly, in cuffs, or in a straight jacket and Biden will assume it in two weeks.

Elissa Slotkin, of Cornell and Columbia has clearly defined the problem. College tuition money well spent.

Has she another Tweet offering a viable solution?

Liberals aren’t a problem…but libs are the problem.

1 Like

I’m thinking a 2 state solution.

1 Like