The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

2 Likes

Another inconvenient truth.

From Massachusetts USA.

12/24/20

Shifting goalposts

“When polls said only about half of all Americans would take a vaccine, I was saying herd immunity would take 70 to 75 percent,” Fauci said. “Then, when newer surveys said 60 percent or more would take it, I thought, ‘I can nudge this up a bit,’ so I went to 80, 85.”

What the ■■■■ kind of science is this?

With the number of those who’ve had it or likely have had it and recovered that really doesn’t make sense.

It would be nice to completely eliminate the disease but the goal supposedly was to simply put the epidemic to an end so as to get things back open and not overtax our long strained medico/hospital system.

The same kind of science that says if you wear a mask for the 20 ft to get to your table but not once you sit down, or if you eat something with your beer or etc. etc…

1 Like

Another “revision”. Science is driving the response?

Fauci is trying to manipulate social compliance. Just like he did when he told us we don’t need masks.

Until we get a very good read on just how many people have already been exposed and developed natural immunity it’s all little better than guesswork.

1/21/21

“Bottom line: we’re paying very close attention to it for our alternative plans if we have to ever modify the vaccine,” he said. “But right now, from the reports we have … it appears that the vaccines will still be effective against them.”

I’m sure it will plateau.

I read that the other day.

Amazing the things that can change to make things look better after a certain date. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The US uses their own case criteria. The WHO publishes a different case criteria. The US/CDC guidelines are unchanged since August. Unless the assumption is that the CDC will abandon their own guidelines in favor of the WHO, this doesn’t change how cases are diagnosed in the US.

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/conditions/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/case-definition/2020/08/05/

No offense but going by the number of people you have lost in comparison to how many I have, zero, perhaps you shouldn’t be lecturing me about masking up.

4 Likes

Not so fast! 5 days later…

Dr. Anthony Fauci said vaccines won’t be available to the “general public” before mid- to late May or early June, he told CNN’s Jim Sciutto on Tuesday.

Got to make sure all those in the medical field and their families get the vaccine first.

They had their chance.

2/21/20

2/23/2021

The balls on this guy…