The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

I’ve been telling you guys this since July. I have posted links several different times in other threads that relate to studies that show masks protect the wearer. Especially those with a water resistant layer or barrier. Because the virus is in respiratory droplets and these kinds of mask keep the droplets from going through. I have about 10 personal accounts of masks keeping people who were exposed from getting sick.

Yes, and Democrat seem to think that even state wide plans aren’t centralized enough. Only one policy established nationwide can handle the problem.
Personally, I take my advice from my Doctor. And I want how this is handled in local schools made at the local school district level. They know what is going on there.
And there are medical professionals all over this country…not just in DC.
I guess its a central planning ideal.
An authoritarian ideal.

1 Like

States run schools and pave roads, they are not equipped and have never been equipped to run response to an international pandemic. It was always ridiculous to assume they had a chance in hell of managing this, but they had to because there was no centralized response.

States have health departments. Most counties, certainly big counties, have health departments. These people are able to see the recommendations and advice of the CDC. They are fully qualified to make decisions based on that advice and evidence. The local school districts can seek advice from all of these sources and then make decisions for themselves. Yes, that is what they are there for.
They don’t need Trump telling them they have to open or some “Biden plan” telling them they can’t.

1 Like

They cannot invoke the DPA to make manufacturers change their production line to produce PPE, testing equipment or Ventilators. They cannot create a large body of contact tracers to isolate and contain the viral outbreaks in real time. They do not have the funds to do any of this even if they could do it because states cannot have deficits, while the Federal Government can.

International pandemics require a Federal Response. Full stop. States can work alongside the Feds and corroborate data and aid in programs, but they should never be asked to run this solo with sporadic help from the Feds, which has often been politicized.

Biden is going to take the correct approach when he takes office, I hope we can make it there without too much loss of life. If Trump woke up and started now, that would save a lot of lives but he only cares about himself, so I don’t see that happening.

I completely disagree with your post, respectfully.

1 Like

It was done.

Several of them did. California Connect or whatever it was. It won’t work here anyway. It didn’t work all that well anywhere.

Congress provided funds and could have provided more. I bet there’s still money that hasn’t been spent.

What does “international” have to do with it? You mean a national response. How is DC better able to run a 5 county hot spot than the governor of Texas?

2 Likes

Biden isn’t going to do a single thing differently. Of course Pelosi will probably get off her high horse.

1 Like

“Mishandling”

Beaten to the punch

12/2/2020

12/2/2020

12/17/2020

12/20/2020

Trump can’t make people do smart things, neither can any other POTUS.

Take a look at the population age distribution in the US and compare it to the other countries you are so fond of, then look at the fatality rates by age group and get back with us.

You might want to recheck your entire premise.

This is my shocked face while hearing about another ‘rules for thee but not for me’ “leader”.
:neutral_face:

I just lost my 8th person a week ago to Covid-19.

THAT’S 8 PEOPLE since March 15, 2020.
Two of my daughter-in-laws had it and my 17 year old grandson who suffers from asthma had it.

I watched them suffer. They STILL “suffer”…but they survived, thank God>

Thank God they all survived but the 8 people i was very close too that didn’t?

This isn’t a joke folks, and it shouldn’t be political…

Too many people are dying way ahead of their time.

Just mask up!

How hard is that?

1 Like