The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

I forgot the lesson on human performance and compliance:

On Fauci CDC and the masks

He chose a priority. I’m not making a value judgment. He went too far in his communication of that priority to get compliance. He said the public doesn’t need masks to prevent/stop hoarding.

Now he needs to reverse that message and can’t.

It’s not because of “science”. He put lab coats only then, not first. Now he is trying to convince 350M people he cares about them - now. He knew the public needed masks then. And they know it.

He lost credibility.

And you don’t get to be all over the page with details when you are communicating with the public. Three short bullets seems to work best for some reason. You damn sure don’t get to change azimuth 180°. You can move some, but not an about face.

Remember when they were going on about wiping down surfaces?

Everything that he has put forward that needs to be done has been something we have to do. Americans think, “Ok Mr. Expert, you’ve given me a laundry list of ■■■■ I need to do and you keep changing it. What are you , the expert, doing to fix it? 'Cause that’s what we pay you for.”

Culture.

I see it all the time. It is a product of authoritarian high modernism. It is especially prevalent in industrial safety and quality for example.

Some safety professional will write a policy. He’ll put a lot of effort into it. Maybe even form a team. Then he’ll hand to the people doing the work to follow. One of them will get hurt, so he changes the policy to address that root cause. Communication and training on that change.

And the policy writer thinks the magic bullet is in the next change because of his faith in high modernism and the scientific method.

It becomes a vicious circle.

Human beings are not scientific:

• They are working as safely as they need to right now. Until they aren’t.
  • The decisions they are making are running through their OODA loops, not yours.
  • Their decisions are based on their “logic” and context, not yours.
  • Their decisions are based on their risk tolerance, not yours.
  • There are always competing goals. Their goals as they perceive them, not yours.
  • You basically get one shot to influence, make it count. And influence is all you can do, not control.

Right. This was a plot by every country in the world and their media to influence our election.

That’s your fabrication, I said no such thing.

Not sure how many people in this forum know what a “76Y” is. For those who dont, it was a supply clerk in the Army until about 10 years ago when they changed the MOS to 92Y

1 Like

He’s not much of a CIC either.

Follow Me!

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, center, smiles as he watches an opening day baseball game between the Washington Nationals and the New York Yankees at Nationals Park, Thursday, July 23, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

In deference to their globalist overlords, and in concert with other globalist sympathisers in various nations’ political and bureaucratic and activist sectors, yes indeed.

1 Like

He’s done a hell of a job of it so far. There are legitimate criticisms of how he’s preformed as president, but that isn’t one.

The difference is he knows the chances of transmitting it during normal outdoor activities in the summer are somewhere between microscopic and none.

His wanting to ban handshakes is a little creepy but then most of my Micro and Virology professors were germaphobes too who felt the same way.

The smart one’s figure out eventually that the only way to have a healthy, active immune system is to challenge it daily.

1 Like

Yeah.

Our lack pf PPE, and the testing debacle is really unforgivable.

Testing is STILL a joke - it’s taking 5-7 days here unless you go to a hospital that uses their own lab, and that’s not easy to do. Makes it kind of pointless really.

And we don’t seem to be working to improve the situation.

That’s not true at all.

He has direct authority over the entire executive branch, appointees and career folk alike.

No he doesn’t, he can’t even hire or fire anyone but his political appointees. Even his political appointments require senate confirmation.

He certainly cant’ act as their supervisor.

That’s not true.

Of course it is.

There are extreme federal statutory protections for permanent federal employees including those relating to the chain of command.

Trump is not acting as a supervisor for anyone but his appointees, no president does or can and all the political appointees require confirmation.

You act like any of that negates the fact that he has direct authority over the entire executive branch.

If he had direct authority over them he would have supervisory, hiring, and firing ablity. He does not.

All he can do is give direction or orders to the appointees.

The permanent employees are specifically protected by statute.

Just because he can’t fire them doesn’t mean he doesn’t have direct authority over them.

You act like the president has no authority over his OWN BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT.

As if teh employees set the policy and run the department.

1 Like

You apparently cant’ distinguish between direct authority over the political appointees and agency heads and direct authority over the permanent employees.

By statute his power ends with the first two.

He cant’ supervise them.

He can’t hire or fire them.

He therefore has no direct authority over them.

I guess the president really isn’t in charge of the executive branch…

What a silly argument.

I wonder why so many around here called for Obama’s head due to Fast and Furious…

I mean, after all, he didn’t have authority over anyone there.