The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

Refute any of the stated facts if you can instead of continuing the mindless parroting.

He and holder specifically orchestrated it as evidenced by everything known on the subject.

He even set the stage for it with his speech on how the US was responsible for the flow of guns into Mexico given On the border.

I don’t recall any calls for his head or even his impeachment over it by anyone that mattered.

Try harder.

Those facts in no way negate the fact that the POTUS has absolute authority over the executive branch.

That is in fact the job of the president.

Actually he doesn’t have absolutely authority. He does have significant authority.

He’s the head of the executive branch. He has authority over everything the branch does.

Thats actually his job.

Actually he doesn’t. Much of the executive branch is governed by legislation from Congress. Almost all of it. The organizations have charters, regulations, that sort of thing.

You have of course nothing to offer here other than you lame bumpersticker parroting points.

Yet you haven’t presented a single actual fact and all of the actual facts refute your entire argument.

This was sound advice when we thought the only thing to worry about was keeping hospitals from falling down and deaths.

Now we are seeing mild cases leave long-lasting effects like damaged lungs and scarred heart tissue. Because ACE2 is ubiquitous on many cell types and so all sorts of tissues can get attacked.

We are seeing cases where people seem to recover but then get hit with chronic conditions sapping their productivity for several months.

And even when it was sound advice…we have lots of people with comorbidities. Can’t quarantine them all. We obviously can’t cut the elderly off from the world becauseeven countries that didn’t have ■■■■■■ policies about nursing homes couldn’t keep the older population from being infected.

It’s a new disease. It has effects beyond respiratory.

Can’t claim we know anything definitively…even now.

They did have a game plan ready.

They didn’t stress test the most important part of that game plan…testing.

Testing is literally Step 1 in an effective plan to contain/mitigate a pandemic and they didn’t do a failure analysis on that step.

And both Azar and Redfield are “don’t ruffle feathers” types who kept things quiet instead of escalating. Redfield kept promising two weeks until the tests were ready- Azar didn’t challenge him.

Going to tell the rest of it?

After testing failed, everything else was a scramble doomed to fail.

Where Trump failed was not staying in his lane and doing what Presidents should be doing.

Of course, what he should have been doing were the very things he absolutely cannot do because he is not wired to do them.

I would not disagree to anything you said here Conan. It is humbling when it hits close. My job put me in the path…for all of May and part of June. My nieces husband just got sick and was tested. Thank God it was negative. It becomes very real.

We haven’t got enough information to know what if any long term effects there will be since the disease is less than a year old.

Are we going to collapse the world’s leading economies for every future outbreak? No, at some point we have to go on with our lives.

We know who is at highest risk of serious/critical disease or death from CCPV, protect them and let the rest of us go on with our lives, it is literally the only sane and rational approach.

1 Like

If this is the case then why was so much blame thrown at Obama for not restocking to begin with.

I have no idea. I haven’t. Why is Trump blamed for everything in the OP?

1 Like

WHO tests, contaminating the tests.

Because it is the presidents job to ensure things like PPE are ready to go. Just like when a president releases strategic oil reserves…he does so, knowing its on him to replace it again.

No, it is not. Look at the OP.

Sneaky…there are a lot of things that are not my “job”, but are my responsibility to make sure they get done. Thats my point. Right or wrong

Did you look at the Hopkins report card in the OP?

If you ask the person responsible for the task if it is complete and they tell you yes, do you go back to the warehouse and recount? An employee that’s been in his job 30 years?

I’d be interested to know more details about these “stockpiles”. Who has them? Where are they kept? Who’s responsible for them?

It sounds to me like the infamous “Real-world War Warehouse” in the Army. The one where when you actually go to war, they give you all new kit and guns. It doesn’t exist.

If they are not your job, they are not your responsibility, you are accountable.