The 'Rona Truth in One Thread

Funny but also very dangerous.

There are always going to be people who listen to whatever and of course, it will become a fact for them.

That really is neither here nor there.

Lots of folks do their own research and formulate a plan of action. Some look for others to tell them what to do. This is not uncommon.

Well, we’ve seen rights take precedence over public health.

Going all the way back to the earliest plagues in US history Public health concerns over epidemics/pandemics have supplanted personal rights.

Whether we agree with it or not the precedent has been with us since shortly after the founding.

No argument from me on that.

But that is being stripped away.

Sounds like we don’t really need a president, just get better bureaucrats.

The POTUS has very little direct authority over anyone other than political appointees.

Unfortunately the bureaucracy grows stronger every year with less and less accountability thanks to the reems of law passed to protect federal employees.

No thanks…bureaucrats don’t answer to “We The People”.

1 Like

Nor anyone else really for all practical purposes.

Make it past your probationary period and it’s almost impossible to fire them

Well, at the beginning I was pretty concerned. Now? Yes I am but I don’t see this as being as catastrophic as was hyped

They hype and media induced panic is more dangerous than the virus ever was or will be.

Look what’s going on in our streets.

If we had quarantined those must vulnerable early on and let everyone else get on with their lives our death toll would be a tiny fraction of what it is now and so too would be the economic damage.

The media intentionally created the panic for ratings and to influence the election.

2 Likes

Not going on in my streets. Just those places who allow it.

1 Like

I’d stay home alone. Let the kids drop my groceries and possibles by the front door as needed. More serious symptom’s would require medical attention.

■■■■■■■■■ Are you really saying the media resulted in country after country to implement a shut down and insist on stay at home orders.

Sorry for the loss of your niece hermano.

What a long strange trip it’s been since February.

I’m speaking of the US but much of the rest of the world panicked as well.

This was an easily solvable problem without the panic.

2 Likes

Her patient, not his niece.

Wasn’t my niece…it was her patient. She did lost her friend and mentor to this virus. She was caring for him until she fallen ill herself.

1 Like

Thanks for the correction. I must have misread that.

1 Like

It happens. I just had the inside track on the story and wasn’t’ sure he was still around so I wanted to correct it.