The Rending of the Government Fabric?

I think the respect people had for “everything” in the past was built on false narratives. The government’s track record is abysmal but we never learned about the horrible things they did for thirty or forty years and could pretend it (whichever “it” was in play) was an anomaly, or that it is much better now and they would never do such a thing TODAY. Problem is, they would, and people are learning that. As a previous poster said, we are finding out in real time how bad government is.

Yes, we do, like crackpipes.

1 Like

Actually IMO we have become more homogenized today then before WW2. If you travel through rural areas of America you can see/witness different cultures. If anything media and internet that’s purposely dividing the country…if the country is divide they won’t come together…thus the entire reason.

I should say you pay in ways you are not consciously aware of.

Police and prisons would be just one of those ways.

You’re right…all the more reason to keep America divided.

Which will only drive em farther to authoritarianism, which of course will have it’s consequences. Every action their is reaction.

IMO this is where the government needs to step back, there is old saying…water will seek it’s own level.

But as long as government continue taking sides…it’s going to alienate more and more people.

What’s happening now, they brought that upon themselves.

1 Like

You mean more Balkanized don’t you?

No…more homogenized.

Globalization is a right (neo-liberal) economic policy. The UK, and the USA were the 2 main economies that started in that direction in the late 70’s. Several others followed, but not to the same degree that we did.

How did technology widen the wealth gap?

What side is the government on?

Sorry not interested.

1 Like

Wow. Indeed we are far apart. I would have said the same thing but the opposite way around.

Tell me how we have gone so far to the left.

Bitching about not teaching 3rd graders about gender dysphoria for one.

4 Likes

So what?

What?!

I don’t. In fact I know it wasn’t.

So you never pay zero and never will.

One is not evidence of the other. Do you know what these things are, but I don’t?

Right on cue…

“We will be ungovernable until this government starts working for us, ungovernable,” Carmona said, leading those in attendance into an “ungovernable” chant. “That’s why we are taking to the streets today in cities all across the country. It’s why today isn’t just one day of action. It is simply day one of an invigorated movement aligned behind one simple demand, and you all heard it, keep your bans off our bodies!”

1 Like