THE Official Unoffiial Midterm Elections Results Thread

Respect

10Hookers

And politicians indicted for fraud and campaign finance charges.

27 times actually.

Allan

Yeah but you perform a courtesy flush at 10 before carrying on

I don’t think that says what you think it does.

I think you probably need to bring yourself up to speed on the investigation of Nixon’s tax returns and this specific federal statute… Worked pretty well then…

Nixon was being impeached.

The House committee chairman cannot simply demand Trump give him/her his tax returns just cuz they think don’t like him. We have separations of powers for a reason. The house has no justification to demand any financial records from the president, or anyone else on in the executive branch.

The law is very clear, they absolutely can demand the tax returns for any reason they desire. The law does not require they justify the request at all.

It part of the checks and balances, congress can investigate the executive branch.

Remember Benghazi.

Allan

Clearly they can ask the treasury secretary if his returns.

“Shall furnish”

Allan

So can the executive. We should test this theory that it’s not an abuse to use it and pull every democrats tax return just to make sure they didn’t cheat and see if democrats still support your theory.

I responded in the other thread but will ask here as well… The law has additional requirements for the president that are not required of the house ways and means committee.

(g) Disclosure to President and certain other persons

(1) In general

Upon written request by the President, signed by him personally, the Secretary shall furnish to the President, or to such employee or employees of the White House Office as the President may designate by name in such request, a return or return information with respect to any taxpayer named in such request. Any such request shall state—

(A) the name and address of the taxpayer whose return or return information is to be disclosed,

(B) the kind of return or return information which is to be disclosed,

(C) the taxable period or periods covered by such return or return information, and

(D) the specific reason why the inspection or disclosure is requested.

Why do you suppose that is?

Is this really surprising? I mean it’s not like they ran on having any new ideas for actually governing. Just more of the same old same old we’ve been seeing since 2016. But hey, they’ll get him any day now… Just you wait.

You are correct, the House committee chairman cannot simply demand Trump give him/her his tax returns.

However the House committee chairman can submit in writing a request to the Secretary of the Treasury and the Secretary will provide such returns to the committee sitting in closed executive session.

To quote:

" (1)Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.’"

.>>>>

I never said anyone did.

I oppose dead brothels.

Yes they can.

You do, apparently Nevada citizens don’t

It’s definitely a loss in the house for republicans, and a win in the senate. Would it be fair to say both sides would have wished for better results? I wish the GOP would have kept the house, and I’m sure at least some democrats are not happy with the prospect of 4 more senate seats turning red.

It’s not really the results either side can spike a football on, without acknowledging the loss in the other branch of government.

Absolutely disgusting

And guess who was in charge of it all