The Numbers Of Current and Former Republicans Backing Biden is Staggering

Jeff Flake is the latest in a long line of current and former Republicans that are backing Biden. They are placing our country ahead of partisanship. They are putting America first!

This gives me hope that once Trump and his cancer are finally cut out of the national political scene, that we may be able to see a future where the GOP can be rebuilt as a counter to the Democratic Party.

But until such time, the first, last, and only goal is to rid the nation of Trump. Rid the nation of Trumpism. Rid the nation of every single last one of the complicit sycophants that allowed his cancer to metastasize and grow unabated in our beautiful country.

https://medium.com/@JeffFlake/heres-who-i-ll-be-supporting-for-president-and-why-ce983293fae6

3 Likes

Getting rid of Trump is a good thing, but that doesn’t address the underlying mentality that enabled him and Trumpism to take over conservatism. The GOP and conservatism as an ideology need a Trump-sized enema, and the entire nation needs to step away from anti-intellectualism, absolutist populism, the cult of celebrity, and rabid partisanship.

Country (and countrymen) before ANY party.

7 Likes

Well stated. I completely agree. I can only hope that an absolute tsunami in a little over 70 days begins this very process. Serious introspection is needed in the GOP in regards to what they have enabled and wrought upon our nation. Allowing the extremist fringe elements of the party having an outsized voice and power has been devastating to our society. Look at Q and it’s embedding in the mainstream right as the prime example.

3 Likes

If the GOP can get its ■■■■ together, reject Trumpism and return to a conservatism that is grounded in reason, realpolitik, and (that I have to even say this) emotional maturity I would consider coming back after a decades-long self exile.

After seeing the RNC state that they “enthusiastically” support Trump, I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

Staggering! Biden’s got it in the bag! 70 out of 65 million!

3 Likes

Sorry, TL;DR.

I’m a man of simple words.

:us: Flush Twice :us:
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

I hope that you are correct. However politics has become very regional. There are many spots in the country that a chock full of Trump supporters. So all a politician has to do is spout Trump’s greatest hits and they are in.
However I am going to make a prediction. I think that the investigations that are looking at the Trump Org. is going to find hard evidence of crimes. If it is proven that Trump and/or the kids are guilty of crimes then the Trump supporters might flip on the guy.

YAWN…

Not really much to see here, the same RINO’s, turncoats, & never Trumpers.

3 Likes

The issue of course being is that this is a cult of personality we are talking about, so it’s doubtful these Republicans will be taking a significant number of Republicans with them in support of Biden.

Post right above mine is a textbook example of what I mean.

5 Likes

please don’t stop!

1 Like

Still doesn’t make Biden a lock; we’ve been through something similar in 2016

1 Like

I have no grand illusions of the cult ever abandoning Trump. Just like the Branch Davidians were never going to abandon Koresh.

But there continues to be large enough numbers of right-leaning people who loathe Trump. Don’t want to vote for him. And need reassurance they are not alone in their decision to possibly back Biden. The more that continue to come out from the GOP and give these voters psychological cover, the better the chances are for a Biden victory in November.

1 Like

Anyone who thinks this is a lock (from Biden’s campaign team to the individual voter who opposes Trump) is a damned fool.

To indulge in our gracious host’s habit of using sports metaphors - we are coming to the end of the third quarter with America up by 10 points against Trumpism. Not a safe lead at all.

1 Like

Nice.

Especially since we know the refs are paid to keep the score close so fans watch the whole game…

1 Like

Is he wrong?

Like two Sp/4s in the wood line with a Chaplain’s Assistant.

I remember the video about how the government were the ones destroying the compound. It ranked right up there with the World Trade Towers being a government job. And now the FDA is the deep state. Good times.

1 Like

:rofl: If you only had a clearance…

What are the defining characteristics of a cult?