The Nordic Model of Healthcare

I know where they get the idea.

People are smuggling insulin across the Canadian border

People should see that as a canary in the coal mine situation of how the US system is ■■■■■■ up.

Insulin for God’s sake has become priced out of reach for enough people that it is becoming a repeatable tale of tragedy.

Since its being done, yes it can.

I hadn’t, thanks for that. Will be quite a nice addition to my health care blog series.

Our quasi open borders immigration policies and generous welfare state can crash the economy as well.

Click the link I put up in post number 52. There are many countries with negative population growth.

Yes that’s a separate issue but it makes a healthy society as well. When I worked contract work in Japan I didn’t go through it but the company I was at could be fined if the workers were overweight.

Maybe in Canada. The majority of non-white immigration into Canada is from Asian Countries, which I believe is the majority of Canada’s non-white population. Regarding just legal immigration I have a very different view. But immigration in America is not just those coming here legally. It’s possible we have more people coming here illegally than legally.

And the “US health care is 10, 50 times better” comes from which reliable data.

For years, the debate over healthcare has been between the objective data (with known, but variable, reliability) vs. anecdotal evidence bolstered by patriotic jingoism.

Same logic hoplophobes try to use in reverse.

I read it. Twice.

And by extension each country?

That article talks about some challenges like the cost of getting decentralized health care in remote areas of Finland.

However, in the big scheme of things…

But Finland’s 130-year-old health care system does have a lot going for it. Not only is the vast majority of the population – 88% – happy with the system, its virtually free care for all means that no Finn has ever been in the red because of medical costs alone

Ever seen a poll where close to 90% of our population is happy with our health care system ?

A fertile imagination can easily explain the first part.

It is known that infant mortality rates are terribly problematic, that is mostly what I was commenting on specifically.

What they are happy with is probably not sustainable.

You’ll have to walk me through that.

and how is that working out for their economy?

Mixed bag and you can’t blame the results on that alone, didn’t you look at the list?

Russia, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Japan, Hungary, Virgin Islands, the whole of eastern Europe.

Isn’t it ? Yes, they may need to start spending more per capita i.e. higher taxes.

It still won’t cost them nearly as much as it’s currently costing us (for a system that obviously doesn’t cover everyone and doesn’t have anywhere near 88% approval rating)

https://www.businessinsider.com/cost-of-healthcare-countries-ranked-2019-3