The Nordic Model of Healthcare

“Finns are having less and less children. People are getting older. So we need more people here because we need taxpayers,” says Juha Tuominen, the CEO of the largest hospital in Finland, which provides one in four Finns with specialized care.

“So if you think of sustainability, either we get more people to Finland or we have to cut the cost,” he adds.

Not sustainable. Imagine that. Seems like some of us said that. More taking than giving.

I’ll assume the source is acceptable.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

What does birthrates have to do with quality of healthcare

Increase immigration to counter lowel birthrates look i just fixed yournissue woth finland healthcare system.

2 Likes

Americans often talk bad about healthcare in Europe. However, Europeans talk way worse about ours.

1 Like

That would be Finns talking about Finnish healthcare. One of those held up by Sanders as the article clearly states.

Not sustainable.

1 Like

If birth rates are the problem wouldn’t private insurance have the same issue?

3 Likes

Congrats you just made a pyramid scheme, and will have to increase the immigration always in the future to take care of the lot you imported in. Funny fact immigrants age as well.

1 Like

Are birth rates the problem?

According to Juha Tuominen in the article you quoted.

1 Like

Or are they simply one of many flaws.

2 Likes

From what I read its birth rates and difficult access to rural healthcare. That will be a problem regardless of single payer or private insurance.

1 Like

You shrink the pool regardless of public or private and you are gonna have the same .problem

1 Like

Congrats that has been the economic model of the u.s since the british landed here

2 Likes

No they can be easily fixed with immigration how do you think the u.s economy grows every year

1 Like

…due to change in demographics.

Shrink the pool.

That would be bad for the economy

1 Like

Good observations. To add to this you can say that no system can ever assure the same access and quality of care to all. This is one of the reasons healthcare can never be a genuine right assured by government.

Well, it’s safe to say we don’t have a population problem here in the USA. I’m not for a medicare for all system, but as the costs for benefits keep rising, it’s starting to look cheaper.

It said their tax rate was 30% on average? Between my taxes and benefits I currently pay 40%. And I’m in a state union. I probably have the cheapest health care around, and no deductibles. Not to mention I’d be able to retire immediately. So the pendulum is starting to swing.