The “No Collusion” Talking Point is Officially Dead

California dreaming.

Collude means conspiracy but they won’t say conspiracy. The neo libs are still trying to figure out how Hillary lost a rigged election.

1 Like

Just checking back. Did they impeach trump yet??

2 Likes

I feel for you guys.

I’m scared too.

you guys keep singing that song and maybe somebody will dance to it! anybody who thinks Trump is guilty of anything should go buy a bridge where there is no bridge, because then you will have lost all that money and still not have a bridge. there’s a certain amount of respect that we should show our president, and your not doing it. collusion delusion collusion delusion

It’s ok bro. I get it. Hillary was Gawd Awful. Had it been literally anyone else besides Trump, I never would have marked that D. It was the first time I ever voted D in my life - and other than that I voted straight R in every election. I saw Trump coming.

But I get it. I don’t blame you for voting for Trump. I will only blame you for continuing to support him, now that it’s so blatant what he is.

But you’ve seen the light! Congratulations! Now call your Senator and tell them that they risk losing you, a loyal Republican, unless they grow some balls and stand up to the Liar and Cheat Donald Trump!

1 Like

No, they didn’t.

I think you said bridge when you meant a wall.

4 Likes

Well I wanted to jump ship before things got too bad.

And before my kids get old enough to figure things out.

My fourteen year old already gives me the side eye sometimes.

It could be about Trump, but I don’t know.

Maybe I’ll ask.

I’ve found that when discussing Trump with children, it’s best not to talk about anything he’s said or done. That usually helps.

2 Likes

No worries.

The mechanisms are all in place to launder Trump out of the Republican party, when necessary. And it will be.

I’ve been saying that we need to burn the lifeboats, but we also need to burn the laundromats.

8 Likes

How do you see the dissociation going down? With Bush (43) it was a slow, easing amnesia. Trump will likely require a more abrupt jettison. Would love to hear how you think it might actually play out. Thanks.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say mueller goes at least another 6 months and $6 Million Dollars.

He wouldn’t want a russian stooge to run the country for more than 27 months.

1 Like

They haven’t even gotten around to dealing with the Russian companies charged in the 42k petty Facebook ads. I think back in the spring they plead not guilty and crickets since. Media and liberals all up in arms about the Russian interference yet seem to have forgotten all about this. The charges most likely will be dropped. They don’t want embarrassing details revealed on just how this investigation unfolded. The story has disappeared. No one seems to care anymore. They’ve moved onto a new shiny object. Future Witch hunts will be code named
“A Muller Investigation”

It’s getting closer ever day…and nerves are showing. :laughing:

If anything truly major happens, this forum will crash for days.

As long as the checks keep rolling in, they may continue to investigate this hoax. Maybe Mueller is praying Trump fires him. Maybe he is holding on until the new asses are seated.
With a price tag of 20 mil and climbing, it better be the best line of BS we’ve ever been fed.

At the coarsest, lowbrow level, which you can see around here, it’s stuff like:

• Trump was always really a New York liberal Democrat, not a real conservative [Republican].
  • Trump was no conservative.
  • We tried electing a liberal, because it was the only way we could fight back against liberals.
  • I voted for him, but he turned out to be just another liberal RINO.
  • I never supported Trump or defended him.
  • Trump is a Republican; I am not; I am a constitutional conservative (libertarian, etc.)
  • If you really think about it [insert some demented up-is-triangle argument here], the people who really put Trump in power were liberals.

The middlebrow nouveau pseudo centrists (Brooks, Frum, etc.) will go back to advocating more terrible rightwing policies and bad social criticism, while pretending that Trump was just an aberration in the fine pedigree of the restrained and civil and Burkean GOP blah blah blah.

We saw variations of this in 2009, where people who voted for Bush twice burned their uniforms, put on tri-cornered hats, rebranded themselves, and memory-holed the Bush administration for years. I watched most of my family do this.

But a better analogy might be the Iraq war. When I joined here in 2003-2004, that was the sine qua non of American conservatism: support for the Iraq war. Period. If you thought it was a bad idea and opposed it, you were a traitor, a terrorist lover, an appeaser, or worse. In 2016, I watched the Republicans nominate a guy who went as far as to lie his ass off about being opposed to the war before it started, while trashing his Democratic opponent for her support (before he got elected and subsequently made John ■■■■■■■ Bolton his National Security Advisor).

They do this brazenly and there’s still a good chance that they’ll get away with it Trump becomes a flaming tire around their necks.

10 Likes

If anything major happens, the Trump fanboys will go into major depression and stay locked in their rooms crying.

I understand the people stuck in denial. Also the ones who say they don’t care. As well as the ones who just talk about it to make fun of liberals and their high hopes. Or even the ones who change the subject to Hillary and talk about her instead.

Those guys make sense to me.

But I never understood the people who call it a hoax.

They’re just guessing. And it’s a weird guess, in my opinion.

They’re probably more scared than I am.