The New New New Covid Strain

Sorry, some team names, I agree, Redskins was derogatory term.

Wish you would erase the American President who ordered the atomic bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. They killed many innocent civilians. And the colonialists who encouraged opium use to control the Chinese. We may want to address the colonialists who gave a free and independent Vietnam back to France.

of the vaccine generated antibodies, not the broader protection of natural immunity. i’m already protected by the vaccine and memory cells should suffice to keep any contracting of delta minor. i don’t need a booster to avoid what likely would be no worse than a cold. its my choice and my risk. i’ll risk delta. if i don’t get it, fine, if i do, fine. maybe, i already have and don’t know.

1 Like

You don’t need a shot for a strain that hasn’t killed anyone. This is the end of the pandemic.
Get it & it should be mild, & provide immunity to the more severe strains.

1 Like

Not taking that bet.

Meanwhile in lockdown Michigan 85 percent hospital ICU capacity.

The cynic in me says this shows lockdowns are futile and prolong the agony.

The pragmatic me sees that this capacity isn’t just Covid and is an expected amount for flu season.

The omnicron is the cure for delta. :rofl: no wonder they reinstated travel bans.

5 Likes
5 Likes

You can’t say that it’s the end. We don’t know enough yet.

Should be mild???

Sorry…we just can’t say that yet.

Being almost at capacity on ICU beds is the norm, empty beds don’t make money.

4 Likes

Exactly.

Looking like the flu is going to be away again this winter. Staying Positive!

2 Likes

hospitals it seems are always backed up esp in flu season. getting a “bed” is always an issue, precovid

2 Likes

Breitbart is hyping up the headline…I think to make a point more than anything else.

whenever democrats make swift decisions you can be sure it is for their own benefit, not yours.

4 Likes

michigan is one of few states where cases are climbing

will be interesting to see how they react, what they will restrict.

2 Likes

The correct policy is to quit counting them to the public.

That is what they did with SARS.

2 Likes

Hide yo’ kids, hide yo’ wife!

2 Likes

SARS was too deadly. it killed a higher percentage of people which could be why it disappeared.

i’m no virologist but i recall biology teacher saying the more deadly the virus, the less it will spread. ebola is a good example

as everyone knows covid is a “safe” virus statistically speaking. so a very well designed virus.

2 Likes

It has been stay inside cold in Michigan for more than a month now. Airborne viruses always spread easier indoors.

3 Likes

good point

Big outdoor events have never been sources of outbreaks of this, but this thing hit us in early 2020, while it was still winter. Of course it spread, just like flu spreads, due to indoor contact with someone who has it.

1 Like