The Misfortune To Be Born In Such A Horrible Country

That’s fine. As long as you understand you can’t bind me.

But it is.

Ever recite the pledge of allegiance of you own free will post eighteen years old? If you did, you voluntarily signed the contract.

No we didn’t… stop it :rofl:

You already are paying for them through rising costs.

Sure you did. If you did it voluntarily, you made a pledge, a promise. Unless your word and promise is worthless.

Actual you do match up with what I’ve been saying. In fact you have done just about everything I’ve predicted you will do.

1 Like

You mean like mandatory vaccine if you want healthcare?

1 Like

Great suggestion! That definitely needs written into the bill so it can never happen.

I keep hearing that… how?

So much for that honesty and integrity you claimed earlier to stand for. :wink:

A particular what?

The group you mentioned, the poor, the drug addicts and unemployed get sick just like the rest of us. When they have no other choice they go to the emergency room for care which is very expensive. There are some government programs in place that reimburse hospitals for care provided to the unisured through our tax dollars. The rest is passed onto insured patients through higher cost of services. Which causes insurance companies to raise premiums so the added cost doesn’t affect their bottom line.

It’s been this way for decades now and it’s why healthcare has become so expensive in this country. It won’t be easy, but Republicans and Democrats need to get together and get the country out of this cycle.

I don’t believe the part about the insurance is true. I do believe the tax dollars part.

So we agree that you are already obligating me to pay for others.

And now you want to obligate me directly? You do understand it’s not yours to give?

Having said that, I am willing to consider proposals that make sense. There is still going to be a “middle man”; in this case the government.

Given recent history, I am going to have some hard and fast assurances I don’t believe you can give me. And I’m going to need a referendum, a direct vote.

2 Likes

Not drug addicts. I don’t get sick like a drug addict.

I did. That’s the point.

Commercial insurance pays health providers more than government does.

What evidence is there that you get lower pricing from your insurer?

Not saying my insurance negotiates me lower prices than medicaid or medicare pays. The claim I was replying to said health insurance skims money and does nothing for me, that isn’t true. They use their group power to negotiate lower prices than I would otherwise pay, that’s not nothing.

1 Like

And if we we’re all using the same policy, wouldn’t that negotiating power be greater?

How much less can we pay them? We are already seeing hospitals go out of business at an alarming rate. We have lost 120 rural hospitals since 2010.