The last health care question anyone needs to ask

Even in the same plan and same network you don’t necessarily have access to the same doctors.

On my plan and in my doctors network, I have a general practice physician’s group as our primary care physician with a specific doctor. If I call for an appointment they will schedule with our doctor, if it’s an acute situation you can see the first available doctor in the office.

That doesn’t mean I can call a completely different doctor and demand an appointment with them without being a patient.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

People like the OP? Be afraid. Be very afraid. People like the OP are everywhere. :astonished:

I agree 100 percent! They should. But they are as guilty of shenanigans as the dems are. Maybe more. Democrats disappoint me. Republicans disappoint more.

Same vain, but different example. My work has an on-site wellness clinic which includes a pharmacy.

1. Any employee on our health insurance plan from our employer can use it.

2. Any employee without health insurance can use it and be billed and the rate is discounted.

3. Non-employees, even if they are plans form the same insurance company and are “in network” can’t use the wellness clinic at all.
    .WW, PSHS

Personally even though he only paid $750 in taxes a few years ago I am glad the Trump is getting great healthcare and I feel everyone in United States should also get great healthcare.

So again, you are saying on the public exchange their is a plan and network only available to congress critters?

What do you want congress to fix?

OAP isn’t their primary doc

That’s been debunked. He’s paid millions in taxes. The AMT is a form of income tax.

Lol. No it hasn’t. Health care for all!

That’s exactly how I feel. You know that is why I take the view points I do. I truly want to be conservative in my beliefs, and I have been a republican since I first voted. But I could not be more disappointed in congressional Republicans.

I’m tired of all this do nothing but what we want crap from both sides…but especially republicans.

Mitch McConnel may get what he wants but what will the consequence of getting what he wants? That’s what worries me.

[quote=“mollyBrown, post:152, topic:236096, full:true”]

Was the AMT considered in the NYT hit piece? His lawyer said that Trump paid millions in federal taxes. Is this statement false?

Neither is our Wellness Clinic my primary physician.

However as an employee I can get an appointment (or walk in) at the wellness clinic.

I can also make an appointment with my primary physician.

Non-employees - even if they are in the same network, cannot use our wellness clinic.

.WW, PSHS

[quote=“altair1013, post:155, topic:236096, full:true”]

We disagree on the taxes.

But I think we agree on health care for all! Especially in time of a pandemic.

Fair enough.

Look for common ground. Great attitude! :slightly_smiling_face:

What do you want congress to fix?

:man_facepalming:

It your OP with the premise that Congress isn’t doing this right

Honestly?

Not sure. I like my employer plan.

Actually I like having both plans that I fall under. I have health insurance through my employer and TRICARE through the military as a secondary insurance.

I don’t have the answers but…

1. I see problems with the vast majority of people being covered under employer plans as having problems because if you have health issues it ties you into that employer. Loose your job, you loose health insurance.

2. COBRA is a joke for most people. Under COBRA you can continue health insurance (IIRC for 18 months) if you loose your job but you are then required to pay the FULL premium (employer + employee) and if you just lost your job paying 100% of the premiums isn’t normally practical.

3. Then of course if you are employed, but not full time and your employer keeps your hours low - then even though the employer offers health insurance you may not be eligible for it.
    .So what’s the answer? Don’t know. Should there be some type of non-profit government option that competes with, but does not eliminate, private insurance? Maybe. Would have to see some numbers.
    .WW, PSHS

Sure. But I also like to learn. I know a lot. But I don’t know everything.

How do you want congress to fix your plan And W.W’s?