The last health care question anyone needs to ask

If that is your question the answer is yes.
There is only one medicare for all bill that has been introduced. It was written by Bernie (Biden is against it by the way, so wont pass" but that bill had no exemption for Congress so it does apply to them as written and has been said. When Bernie said “everyone get it” he ment everyone.

So your question has been asked and answered…

Is your claim that a Medicare for All system that doesn’t actually exist yet doesn’t apply to members of Congress?

So do you. If you think that congress is going to sign up for the exact same insurance plan that they want you to have, you are sadly mistaken. Not even Pelosi is claiming this,

“Has planned”? As in the future?

Obamacare, the OP premise, is in effect now. You have been shown you are incorrect about it. Now you pivot to the future?

Prove your point, they showed you the Grassly rule.

2 Likes

No. My claim is that you will not have access to the same package at the same price that congress has. There will be separate plans for the public and private sector.

My employer covers most of the cost of a gold-level plan and I don’t have to shop for it on an exchange. They used to also get it through their employer but as has already been pointed out to you the ACA forced them to buy from the exchanges instead, so they in fact have a worse arrangement than many people with employer-sponsored coverage.

You are confusing perks of a job with health insurance plan.

The public can have the same plan, but some perks (like a onsite medical team) is a job perk. Not health insurance related

Everyone who works for Facebook gets free meals on campus.
But depending on what campus you are located at you will have different options.

Everyone who selects the gold plan has the same plan

But depending on where you are located and where you work it will have different perks.

Your price and my price are not the same, are you in Congress?

Which plan are you even talking about? Sanders’ version was that everything is free at point of service so it would be hard for me to have a worse deal than Congress. Do you have a citation for any of this so anyone could possibly understand what you’re talking about?

Wait . . . . what?

The only employee option I can find for the exchanges is SHOP for those with 1 to 50 employees. How many congress critters and sdtaff are their again?

Then what is it that you want congress to fix?

87978-calvinball

You’re asking an awful lot here.

1 Like

What is it that you want congress to fix?

Single payer.

Is this some kind of joke? You’re the one complaining about Congress here. My claim is responsive to your (very fuzzy) point.

I’m asking what you want congress to fix? Are the fixing anything in their plan?

“Well they call me the Joker.” :wink:

Yeah, the funny thing is I’m pretty sure the “special exemption” was forcing Congress to buy from the exchanges since employers of that size normally provide coverage, but people like OP and Chuck Grassley whined that “Obamacare” had to apply to them too so they did this.

No that isn’t even close to what I am saying. A doctor (any doctor) is not a part of a health plan, they are a part of a medical network. You have access to the same exact insurance plans that Congress does. You do not have access to the same network of doctors though

Why don’t the republicans cut the crap and propose it? I’d take congressional health care…