The last health care question anyone needs to ask

Yet nobody seems to be asking.

Why don’t the democrats simply cut the crap and offer everybody the exact same insurance plan that they have? Seriously. They are over thinking this. I think we would all be delighted with the congressional plan. What’s the down side?

Would anybody be opposed to this? If so, why?

They are all on Obamacare.

5 Likes

So you think your plan is the same as the congressional plan and at the same price? I’ve got news. “Medicare for all” doesn’t not include them.

Why don’t the democrats simply cut the crap and offer everybody the exact same insurance plan that they have?

What plan are “they” on?

Who keeps claiming to have a perfect plan all ready to go, and is in a position to do something about it?

2 Likes

Why doesn’t Trump simply cut the crap and release his most bigly excellent alternative to Obamacare?

6 Likes

They have and are looking to strengthen it. Congress has been on Obamacare since the law was passed.

This feels like this thread is about to turn into a bunch of hand waving nonsense because this commonly known fact wasn’t known to the OP.

11 Likes

The congressional plan. Is their plan the same as yours word for word? Are any of them promoting Medicare for themselves?

Congress uses the ACA for their coverage.

2 Likes

The Grassley Amendment

Section 1312 (d)(3)(D) of the Affordable Care Act, which originated as an amendment that was introduced by Senator Charles Grassley (R, Iowa) says:9

"(D) MEMBERS OF CONGRESS IN THE EXCHANGE.—(i) REQUIREMENT.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, after the effective date of this subtitle, the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are

(I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or

(II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act)."

1 Like

That was the sad thing about that opening post.

2 Likes

Whelp this is going well :rofl:

1 Like

My question was, why don’t they offer the exact same plan that they have to everybody? Word for word.

Their congressional plan is Obamacare.

My plan is likely better and cheaper.

1 Like

Um…they already are. It is called the ACA, or Obamacare. I’m sorry you did not know this already.

Which member of congress has said out loud, that they have the exact plan that you have and any changes will affect them exactly the same as it affects you? Got any names?

Did you honestly miss the part, from years ago, that Congress and staff are required to purchase a plan from Obamacare exchange?

1 Like

Some people start threads about things they are knowledgeable of and want to discuss.

Some people start threads about topics they are unfamiliar but want to learn more.

Some people start threads they know nothing about but want to argue.

9 Likes

Uhm, they already are not.

Which member of congress has said out loud, that they have the exact plan that you have and any changes they make will affect them exactly the same as it affects you? Got any names?

They do. It’s Obamacare. They buy the plans on the exchange, 11000 are enrolled in one of the 57 different plans on the exchange.

Read Nebraska’s link, it answers all of the questions you have or will have.

1 Like

Read the link. It answers everything you are asking about here.