The last health care question anyone needs to ask

The plans they buy through the ACA exchanges per the law are available to every ameriacan in the same jurisdiction. I don’t know if congress people buy through there home state exchange, or the DC exchange.

There’s at least 57 plan choices that members of Congress is enrolled in.

Maybe this thread should be deleted too, as a mercy killing.

2 Likes

When is Trump going to cut the crap and release his most bigly excellent alternative to Obamacare? Got any dates?

Congress buys through the DC exchange.

1 Like

Actually, this seems to be a repeat of a previous thread that tried to make the same claim.

Just say’n.
.WW, PSHS

Read this. Do you get this?

House and Senate leaders spent countless hours debating healthcare on the company dime with hardly anything to show for it. But members of Congress have no personal need to fix the system with the congressional perks they receive regarding healthcare. No, healthcare isn’t free, but they do receive federal subsidies covering 72% of the cost of the premiums in an Obamacare gold-level plan. Fact-checking website Snopes says members “pay approximately 28% of their annual healthcare premiums through pre-tax payroll deductions.”

In addition, they receive low-cost care through the Office of the Attending Physician and free outpatient care at military facilities in and around Washington D.C.

Ok. Which part of that is important to you?

Do you get this? Just sayin

Not even Pelosi is claiming that her benefits are the same as yours. That should tell you something.

House and Senate leaders spent countless hours debating healthcare on the company dime with hardly anything to show for it. But members of Congress have no personal need to fix the system with the congressional perks they receive regarding healthcare. No, healthcare isn’t free, but they do receive federal subsidies covering 72% of the cost of the premiums in an Obamacare gold-level plan. Fact-checking website Snopes says members “pay approximately 28% of their annual healthcare premiums through pre-tax payroll deductions.”

In addition, they receive low-cost care through the Office of the Attending Physician and free outpatient care at military facilities in and around Washington D.C.

Yeah I don’t think certain people are grasping the material. 10 years in and some people still haven’t the foggiest notion of what “Obamacare” is.

3 Likes

Indeed. It is an employer-employee set-up for them. Just like every other working American who purchases their insurance through their workplace. Including those that purchase them on the ACA exchanges. I’m sorry this is something you did not know.

I’m only asking that what ever plan they force on us, they accept for themselves 100 percent word for word. Anything less means you get screwed. JUST SAY IT OUT LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR. Fair enough?

They already do. This seems to really be complicated for some people.

1 Like

They do. This is what everyone is trying to tell you.

Congress (And congress staff) MUST buy insurance from Obamacare market place.

So can EVERYONE.

I don’t understand what you’re asking, or on about really.

Then maybe congress should say out loud that they are accepting for themselves the exact same plan word for word that they are trying to force on us? Should they say it? Do you think this would be helpful to “certain people?”

They did say it. Repeatedly back when the ACA become law.

Maybe congress should SAY OUT LOUD that they are accepting for themselves the exact same plan, word for word that they are trying to force on us? Should they say it?

They said no such thing. Can you provide a quote?

Quite the weird phenomenon

2 Likes

They actually said all that years ago when it happened.

BTW, no one is currently trying to force any health care changes on anyone.

We are breathlessly waiting for The Covidian to unwrap his perfect health care plan that he has all ready to go.

2 Likes