The last health care question anyone needs to ask

I’d be a little more tactful then that.

But, ya…

I’d get an appointment.
.WW, PSHS

It honestly appears as if he doesn’t understand how health insurance works.

Then why do you want to change? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Seems like he thinks that employees pay 100% of the premium for employer sponsored health insurance plans.

.WW, PSHS

It honestly appears as if you are dodging this question.

Why don’t you stroll on to a military base and demand to see a doctor for free and see what happens. Then tell me there’s no difference.

Obamacare has not lived up to it’s hype. I am happy that the people with pre-existing conditions have an option but overall premiums have not become affordable like in the name. If this country really wanted to they could have a system like some of the Scandinavian countries have, but recently even these countries are now feeling the economic strain from the migration of 2015 on their healthcare system.

I think the left would be surprised how many on the right would be onboard for a system like Norway has if illegal immigration was drastically reduced. You can’t offer the American people plans to tax them to give medical insurance to those who are here illegally, without complete pushback from the right, it would never pass. It could be and easy compromise, drastically reduce the number of illegals estimated at 22 million people, basically the size of the population of Australia in this country and offer those here legally who have paid taxes at one time a government based healthcare system like the Scandinavian countries have.

I trust the report of MIT and Yale way more than a partisan organization on the number of illegals in the country, and it’s to big of a number and to big of a burden on the healthcare system to simply gloss over as if it’s nothing.

Before the left did a 180 on illegal immigration and the strain it causes economists like Paul Krugmann would openly talk about the costs to this country of illegal immigration and the NYT’s would run articles like this

Sometime after Obama’s second term the democrats did a 180 on illegal immigration, and it has only split the country more as everything else has. If the last 12 years has shown us anything, no compromise get’s us at best a system like Obamacare which has helped some and increased health prices on many more.

Why don’t you ask him what he thinks? Then you won’t have to do the silly assed “seems like” thing. Fair enough?

Because you are confusing health insurance coverage and medical networks. They are 2 entirely different things

I’m guessing you are claiming that you are eligible for this too?

They’re also potentially eligible for lifetime health insurance under the Federal Employees Health Benefit Program upon retirement.

Well, in fairness you are acting like the employer subsidizing premiums is different for Congress and for private business employer plans.

You say Congress is subsidized at 72% of the premium, my employer subsidized 80.79% of the premium. The premium is the amount of money the insurance company expects to receive such that the employee contribution and employer contribution equals 100%.

So go ahead, please explain the difference.
.WW, PSHS

You really are flailing all over the place. That their job offers them Obamacare for life is a perk of the job. It does not make the coverage different. Your employer could offer the same thing

Hmmm really? What plan on the exchanges allow ordinary people to see the attending physician on capital hill?

An old-school pharmacy hand-delivers drugs to Congress, a little-known perk for the powerful | PBS NewsHour

The deliveries arrive at the secretive Office of the Attending Physician, an elaborate medical clinic where Navy doctors triage medical emergencies and provide basic health care for lawmakers who pay an annual fee of just over $600. Every one comes from Washington’s oldest community pharmacy, Grubb’s.

Lawmakers describe the Office of the Attending Physician as a modern space much like a regular doctor’s office — though the $3.7 million budget it enjoyed for 2016 suggests a relatively well-furnished space. It’s strictly off-limits to reporters; staff there declined repeated requests for comment, and a spokesman for the House Administration Committee that helps oversee OAP declined multiple follow-up inquiries.

This was 2017. When was Obama care passed again?

Shouldn’t the on capital office have been shut down, or opened to anyone for the $600 yearly fee?

Pharmacy is open to all. But the docs?

You are confusing insurance coverage with medical networks.

1 Like

This is your employer. This is not the universal health care that dems want. If your insurance is so great, why is it that you can’t wait to get rid of it?

Exactly!!! But my employer would have to pay for it. Congress demands that YOU pay for theirs.

You previously said “Why don’t you ask him what he thinks?”

So why didn’t you ask me if I can’t wait to get rid of it before making a factually incorrect statement about what I want?

FYI… I’m not a DEM and I don’t want to get rid of it.

.WW, PSHS

What olan on the DC exchange has the OPP in network? How does just a resident of DC pay the $600 yearly fee to see those docs?

Well this thread didn’t go as planned. mjlol

3 Likes

Thats because WE are their employers

Congress want’s one universal plan for everybody but them. Their plan will be a tad bit better. Your plan will be gone. It’s too good. Which makes it unfair.