The last health care question anyone needs to ask

This was mentioned a little bit in one of my other threads. But I believe it deserves a dedicated thread. There is a very simple way to clarify all of this. There are tens of millions of people who will not be visiting the websites of candidates to find the difference between government insurance plans, private plans and Medicare for all. There are also tens of millions who will not be researching congressional insurance benefits. So why not make it simple for folks? Why doesn’t one candidate simply state this? Out loud in front of a national audience?

"MY VERSION OF HEALTHCARE JUSTICE IS THE CONGRESSIONAL HEALTHCARE PLAN. IF I AM ELECTED, THE CONGRESSIONAL POLICY WILL BE ROLLED OVER, WORD FOR WORD AND MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR. IF THEY GET IT. YOU GET IT. AND AT THE SAME RATE. NO EXCEPTONS."

A lot of people are afraid of being forced on to Medicare. Nobody is afraid of being forced into the congressional plan.Tens of millions of voters believe that congress has a special gold plated plane. This simple statement could clarify things greatly.

Fine, but with no payments made to the plan by the government. The government makes payments into the Congressional plan because that is part of their salary. Those payments should not be made to others any more than the government should pay everyone the same salary they pay to Congresspersons.

I don’t want anymore qualifiers. Qualifiers make things complicated. I want the statement to be as simple as possible.

So since the government pays part of the Congressional health insurance you want the government to pay that amount towards everyones individual coverage?

No qualifiers remember, the people get the exact same benefit.
.WW, PHS

I want the exact same plan that congress has. Word for word. The only way that we can keep congress from totally screwing things up is too assure that they have to live with the consequences of what ever they force on us. Good idea?

Sounds like envy / jealousy

Just say’n that the exact same plan means the Federal government pays part of the premium.
.WW, PHS

If that’s what it sounds like to you then you might be deaf and dumb? If you want to know, you could always ask. Want to know?

I’ve been told that people using the success of others to force government to give them that is envy and jealousy

This thread is about people who are too lazy to ask for information or seek it out. Their feelings are nothing but envy and ignorance

You are incorrect. Not even close. The topic is not lazy people. This thread is about not having a single payer insurance plan that is not completely equal for everyone. If you have anymore questions regarding what this thread is about, feel free to ask.

Then what you have been told is wrong.

This thread is about not having a single payer insurance plan that is not completely equal for everyone.

I think I’m done discussing your feelings now. You cool with that?

All coverage should be equal under a single payer plan. Having different plans means that some are better than others. How they achieve that equality is not my concern.

But I am not in favor of single payer.

Unsupported positions about factual matters is just ignorance. The OP is specifically about those opinions, and how a politician should influence them.

Are you opposed to this? If so, why?

"MY VERSION OF HEALTHCARE JUSTICE IS THE CONGRESSIONAL HEALTHCARE PLAN. IF I AM ELECTED, THE CONGRESSIONAL POLICY WILL BE ROLLED OVER, WORD FOR WORD AND MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR. IF THEY GET IT. YOU GET IT. AND AT THE SAME RATE. NO EXCEPTONS."

I’ve been paying into Medicare since it was enacted in 1965. Two years ago when I retired at age 66 I went on Medicare then discovered all the supplemental coverage required no longer covered by an employer based health plan. My wife not old enough to draw SS or Medicare coverage was all out of pocket.
Want Medicare? Pay for it like my generation had and still has to.

I like my insurance plan. But the Dems are pledging to boot me off against my will and force me into a plan that is not identical to theirs. Taking the best for themselves is immoral. So they should make this pledge.

I’ve been paying into Medicare since it was enacted in 1965. Two years ago when I retired at age 66 I went on Medicare then discovered all the supplemental coverage required no longer covered by an employer based health plan. My wife not old enough to draw SS or Medicare coverage was all out of pocket.
Want Medicare? Pay for it like my generation had and still has to

Why is the next generation restricted to doing things as they were done the generation before?

Why was I forced to pay into Social Security when I could have invested that same withholding (or more if I chose). The monthly income benefit would’ve likely been 6-8 times greater than what the goobermint doles out each month.

Probably because your generation was fine with that and never changed it.