The "Inflation Reduction Act" is Inflationary & Raises Taxes on the Middle Class

It is not my job to try and prove your point. If you got evidence showing wind power is not the 2nd most efficient form of generation today then by all means present it

So far you’ve failed miserably

I showed you an entire province that has been going turbine way ahead of the curve and what their actual results were. You on the other hand, are regurgibleating that narrative the shepherds want fed and spread.

2 Likes

That was from a project built over a decade ago. The advancements in efficiency have occurred since then.

Since 2020 wind power has been the 2nd most efficient form of energy production. Trump’s Department of Energy even told us so

If it’s exported or imported, foreigners get a say in the price of your energy, and you have neither independence or security.

Whether Russia invades Ukraine, the Chinese build pipelines, or the Saudis get a stick up their ass, the price of sunlight and wind will stay $0.

I don’t think that’s right. I think there are a lot of costs being left out of that.

2 Likes

What?

1 Like

The most obvious is bigger turbines constructed on-site. The San Gorgonio Pass wind farm (the one on I-10 Smyrna was talking about) is currently replacing all its 30-40 year old turbines and increasing the farm’s output while reducing the number of turbines needed.

Bigger. That’s it. Doesn’t that mean more wind needed?

How efiicient are they when there’s no wind?

1 Like

No. The blades although bigger are built of lighter materials with an improved blade design.

In your link?

The bigger, newer ones work better than the old ones although there is rarely no wind at San Gorgonio Pass. That section of I-10 normally has a high vehicle safety warning in effect

Are we discussing one farm?

Did your link address your claim?

You know how well our wind energy worked during our freeze last year?

2 Likes

I’m using that farm as a reference because I drove past it 5-6 days a week for years and am somewhat familiar with the history around it since the Palm Springs news was my local news source

We’re #1 in wind energy and have been for a while. We are also in the middle of a high pressure induced drought/heat wave - heat that kills. Grid demand is high.

You know what happens when a high is sitting on the state? There’s little to no wind.

And then there’s the infrastructure issue of getting the juice from where the wind blows (sometimes) to where the people are.

I’m all for green energy, where is is reliable and makes sense. Wind is not reliable. Man does not control the wind.

Have you thought about this; what are you going to do when you need that windmill farm land to build projects on? Taking up a lot of space.

1 Like

There are American solar manufacturers too. Heck, even Trump helped this:

When that happens in California the highs sit just east of the mountains and the winds are reversed. In the southern part of the state they’re called Santa Ana Winds and Diablo Winds up north

quote=“SneakySFDude, post:57, topic:242684”]
Have you thought about this; what are you going to do when you need that windmill farm land to build projects on? Taking up a lot of space
[/quote]

In California the wind farms are mostly located iat the eastern edge of mountain passes that funnel wind year round.’In the south this is all near worthless desert land.

All made in China.

What parts of those?

You think wind and solar is going to power America industry? My God man are we talking to bunch of i…oh never mind.

2 Likes

I don’t recall you answering Sneak question…how?

1 Like

76% of our wind turbines are manufactured here

1 Like