The "Inflation Reduction Act" is Inflationary & Raises Taxes on the Middle Class

So why the hell are you voting for this joke of a bill Bernie?

2 Likes

Do they require batteries?

1 Like

Destroy them!

2 Likes

The wind farms currently use transfer stations. Battery storage for large turbines is an emerging tech

1 Like

When considering the initial cost of millions to make and install, then add to this the continuous expense to maintain and keep in operation, this is another lousy idea from an efficiency standpoint. They do not produce enough energy to warrant the expense.

2 Likes

Wind power is the 2nd most efficient form of energy production (behind nuclear). And that is taking manufacturing into consideration

…and there are many, many studies that say otherwise.

2 Likes

Studies released after 2020? Cite them because you are mistaken

On the northern shore of Lake Erie, in Ontario Canada, the first wind turbines were installed on a mass scale that I personally observed. Those there have to pay their electric bills, of which, I have relatives that live there. This is reality;

Ontario has the most expensive electricity in North America
The result of subsidized, over-priced wind power that Ontario doesn’t need.

2010 to October, 2015: Electricity rates increased 60-88%.
November 1, 2015: Rates increase another by 8.7%.
January 1, 2016: Rates increase by another 10%.
May 1, 2016: Rates increase by another 2.5 cents per kWh because “Ontario didn’t sell enough power over the winter”:
January 1, 2017: PST removed, decreasing bills by 8%.
January 1, 2017: Rate increases due to hidden Cap & Trade.
May, 2017: Hydro bills are reduced by 17%.
The reduction will be charged to taxpayers because “everyone benefits from electricity infrastructure, not just rate payers”.
May, 2017: Subsidies are offered to those with a low income. Subsidies will be charged to taxpayers.
June, 2017: Hydro One announces annual increase of $171 to cover infrastructure upgrades.

We are subsidizing the wind industry.
4% of our power is from wind energy, yet it costs us 20% of our electrical bill.

http://www.windontario.ca/

3 Likes

So nothing to back up your claim? That article is outdated

reality

Just because the media is blowing it up your butt to sell their agenda, doesn’t make this historical data wrong. If I want to forecast how well you’ll pay your debt, I look at your credit history. This IS the history of windmills…and they’re inefficient…period.

3 Likes

The history of wind power is that recent advancements have made it the second most efficient form of energy generation available to man

I’ve shown you the reality of actual experiences for well over a decade. Now if there are windmills elsewhere that have managed to overcome the high expenses those in Ontario have endured, please post this place and the results…you know…like I just did for you. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

It doesn’t matter what was more efficient a decade ago. The reality is that wind power is more efficient now

It makes sense going forward to the most efficient means available to us now and not in the past

K…now prove it. Where are they working? I drove through a valley on I-10 at the southern end of California and Arizona that had windmills as far as the eye could see, on both sides of the interstate. This was also well over a decade ago. How are they doing? It’s in your backyard…so are they efficient? Post the proof.

The project is doing great. It generates 893Ghw of energy

Excellent. Now this should be ez…show me the data showing the cost to install, the total maintenance expenses and the energy produced.

It was an interesting spot chosen in that the wind traveled all along the mountain chain to the only passage through for many miles and turned those turbines. If they don’t work there, I can’t imagine them being cost efficient…anywhere…so back it up.

In the long run it pays off just fine, a cost effective energy with a big up front cost but it catches up to itself.

Do your own homework. I have already shown that since 2020 wind power has been the 2nd most efficient form of energy production

That’s what I thought. All air…maybe they’d be efficient if you’d stand in front of them and just talk. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes