The importance of the pledge of allegiance

Or get there on time and recite it as the meeting starts without it.

Civil dissent indeed!

Making individuals mindlessly recite a pledge is stupid. Claiming they’re anti-American for not doing it is even stupider.

But you still claimed that you said hundred when you typed hundreds…and told others they didn’t read it right. Maybe you should just drop it.

Yes, they can pledge before the city calls the meeting to order. Didn’t the majority of council members dispose of the pledge requirement? Are you advocating that it be forced on them to appease the minority?

Perhaps you should apologize for accusing people of not being able to read?

6 Likes

Like 1000%

Man. Really trying to make a championship player a hated figure.

Good luck with that.

So why accuse them of not being able to read when you already knew you made a typo?

no ones making anyone say anything

whats stupid is people up and deciding they dont like it, so wastingbtime and effort ending its recitation

typical leftist ■■■■■■■■■ “change the world around me to fit my delicate sensibilities.”

A city council sets the agenda for the council meeting.

People can say the pledge on their own time… all day if they want to.

The City Council has decided to drop it from their meetings.

This isn’t “changing the world for delicate sensibilities” this is how a city council decides to conduct its business.

1 Like

But you insult people and say they hate America if they don’t recite the Pledge of Allegiance. So it’s not really much of a choice.

1 Like

aren’t you guys glad we changed the wording of the Pledge so often over the decades?

(first version)[1]
“I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

1892 to 1923
(early revision by Bellamy)[2]
“I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

1923 to 1924[3]
“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

1924 to 1954[3]
“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

(current version, per 4 U.S.C. §4)[4]
“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America , and to the Republic for which it stands, one N ation under God , indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

Hundreds of years of tradition!

1 Like

I don’t care for it, it’s not true and I don’t recite it.

they were already saying it. they can ignore it on their own time too but no thats not enough for the leftist

yes some in council decided it had to stop.

this is not only sad, but sets a bad precedenr as it teaches leftists to be even more and more intolerant

aren’t you guys glad we changed how we trained our kids to do the Pledge?

1 Like

the wording is not the point

yes

but that salute originated well before the rise of nazism

i think we should make Trump supporters say the Pledge 10 times per day. Maybe the religious part (that was added in 1954) will sink in somehow and they will start holding their favorite politician to Christian values.

Hard to say. “God” might just be her stripper stage name, in which case it’s all good on Trumpland.

1 Like