The importance of the pledge of allegiance

hey, the guy who wrote the Pledge (without the Under God part) did explain his Pledge and his love of the CentGov…

Bellamy described his thoughts as he crafted the language of the pledge:

It began as an intensive communing with salient points of our national history, from the Declaration of Independence onwards; with the makings of the Constitution… with the meaning of the Civil War; with the aspiration of the people…

The true reason for allegiance to the Flag is the ‘republic for which it stands’. …And what does that last thing, the Republic mean? It is the concise political word for the Nation – the One Nation which the Civil War was fought to prove. To make that One Nation idea clear, we must specify that it is indivisible, as Webster and Lincoln used to repeat in their great speeches. And its future?

Just here arose the temptation of the historic slogan of the French Revolution which meant so much to Jefferson and his friends, ‘Liberty, equality, fraternity’. No, that would be too fanciful, too many thousands of years off in realization. But we as a nation do stand square on the doctrine of liberty and justice for all…

let’s get Trump to say it daily. that way “God” can enter his world at least in a word.

You should go read the rules.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America; one nation under dog and for the republic for which it stands with liberty AND justice for all.

Amén

1 Like

Angry

The city council’s time is their time. They are the one’s who get tot set the agenda of the meeting.

This isn’t hard stuff to understand.

The pledge like marriage has changed over time…

they are there to do a job. not cater to their own “woke” sensibilities

I :heart_eyes: this post!

1 Like

Still no apology or retraction from thinkingman?

of all the posters here that support Trump, i think TM is kinda turning into Trump (in his argument style) more so than any other. some people just do that (take on the personality of their teacher/coach/parent/leader). TM just uses Trump’s strategies now. and it works for Trump so why shouldn’t it also work for TM.

2 Likes

The Bellamy palm-out salute by pledge author Francis Bellamy to accompany the pledge in 1892.

Bellamy salute predates the Italians and Germans “roman” salute (1920s and 1930s)

So the Bellamy salute is not a “copy cat” or inspired by the Italians and Germans “roman” salute as you are trying to infer.

Then theres the Olympic salute (arm and hand stretched pointing upward) in 1924 and the Smith - Carlos Olympic salute in 1968.

huh

i am really honest in traffic then

Setting the agenda of the meeting is part of their job.

What does her sexual preference have to do with this?

1 Like

Did I say that?

Trump is a fake patriot.

1 Like

what does it have to do with anything?

yet we hear it all the time huh

your next step will be arguing about what “all the time” means

Aka Megan the almighty.

It’s Rapinoe’s World. We just live in it.

Allan