The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds

losers are losers and the people backing those losers are even greater losers who only win at losing.

2 Likes

Actually the difference here is not hypocrisy but law.

State and city law enforcement officers are not accountable in our system of government to enforce federal immigration laws.

I believe they ARE accountable to enforce state laws.

I stand willing to be corrected.

But the loser who come in next to last is even worse because they even suck at sucking.

1 Like

I believe youā€™re somewhat correctā€¦but IMO the states cannot block federal goverment or hinder them from enforcing those laws.

Now you can correct me but arenā€™t some states working with federal goverment to enforce there lawsā€¦and the cities arenā€™t?

So are the cities not enforcing the state laws in that regards?

Sanctuary cities and states donā€™t block the feds from enforcing immigration laws. Where on earth did you get the notion that they did?

May also surprise you to learn that being an illegal immigrant is not a crime but a civil violation, and illegal immigrants have rights under the US Constitution.

So for example, a state or city cannot hold an illegal beyond the time allotted for whatever actual crime he/she may have committed, just so the feds can come and pick him/her up. Thatā€™s unconstitutional.

I know the misinformation that gets spread about sanctuary cities/states has been countered many times, so I wonā€™t go any further other than clearing up your misconception that they ā€œblockā€ the feds from enforcing immigration laws.

2 Likes

OK lets try this for third time.

Keep getting booted out.

Of course they arenā€™t blocking federal laws, theyā€™re just not using resources that is given to them by our federal govermentā€¦thus ignoring federal law.

So the same can be said about the town Of Republic, ignore the state laws requiring gun safety training etc.

It isnā€™t much different when you look at it from that perspective.

The gun safety training applies to firearms dealers when selling a firearmā€¦ The Gun Control Act (federal law) requires FFL holders to comply with all state laws.

1. The Republic police department will not be the ones an FFL should worry about, itā€™s the ATF who can revoke the FFL license.

2. Since the Gun Control Act is federal law, are you suggesting they ignore this federal law?

Iā€™m not sureā€¦itā€™s been long time Iā€™ve bough a gun. After I lost mine in boating accident I decided not to buy anymore.

I lot of ways thatā€™s what the state are doing is it notā€¦even after having resource and tools for states to fallow through?

Now if you want to split hair have at it. But IMO not much different but the scale of it.

Oh and one other thingā€¦ATF should have been disband long time ago IMO?

This is the Republic Washington police departmentā€¦ They have no jailā€¦

What resources do you think the federal government has provided?

Talking about the state having the resources that federal goverment gave em to track illegals.

It doesnt make your analogy any more valid, The states and cities are not responsible to enforce federal law.

I also am interested in what resources you believe the feds supply

One word. ā€œDataā€

Need another? ā€œInformationā€

Thatā€™s nice.

States or cities have neither the responsibility nor the authority to arrest someone for being an illegal.

Itā€™s called federalism.

I see.

Iā€™ll keep that in back of my mind then. But I have a feel your words are going to come back and bit you. :sunglasses:

Feeling.

Bite.

:roll_eyes:

Misnomer. For decades.

Whatever.

Enforcement of immigration law is up to the feds, not state or local.

I think Tucker Carlson is going to bring this up in next minute or two.