The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds

Of course it is. Just like enforcement of murder across state lines is up to the Feds. Explains why police won’t arrest a serial killer who flees one State for another when they catch them. Or that dude that stole a car in Oakland and was caught driving it around Seattle. Oh wait. I guess local law enforcement does help enforce Federal laws on occasion. Who knew? Also explains why we see all those Amber alerts now for kids being kidnapped in other States as well. Because local law enforcement is barred from.enforcing any Federal laws. Makes perfect sense.

Neither side of the political spectrum has a monopoly on hypocrisy.

Human beings are by nature inconsistent, contradictory, hypocritical, and error prone.

The title of this thread may as well be “Human Beings Are Acting Like Human Beings.”

It’s almost like all the cases you mention involve warrants as opposed to detainers… You know, the warrants specifically mentioned in the constitution… I wonder what the difference is…

So your totally ignoring the fact that they aren’t barred from helping the feds

Read the post I was responding to. Warrants were never mentioned.

It’s called sarcasm. And as a matter of fact, States like Oregon have made it illegal for ANY State/local agencies (not just law enforcement) to give the immigration status of anyone to Federal agents under State law unless serving a warrant for OTHER crimes in addition to being in the country illegally, so shows what you know.

Murder is a crime, and fleeing across state lines is specifically covered in the extradition clause of the Constitution. One of the only places, IIRC, where the Constitution specifically directs states to do something.

Illegal immigration is a civil offense and there is no guidance in law anywhere dorecting the state to hold and surrender the individual to the feds. Illegal immigration is not a “crime committed in one state where the individual flees to another state”.

There’s a big difference.

You really think they will detain someone without a warrant?

10 eyerolls

Of course they don’t.

And local and state law enforcement love it.

You realize when that law passed, it was totally non-controversial?

It’s not local and state law enforcement’s job to use their resources to to the feds’ work for them.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

What do you mean passed? It was signed into law by the Governor. There was no ballot initiative. No vote. Just gubernatorial decree. I think you know not of what you speak.

No- it was not a governor’s decree.

It was a sanctuary law passed 30 years ago.

And even the governor’s executive order clarifying how the executive is to act under those statutes makes sure to include the words “except where required by federal law”.

Which is perfectly right and proper.

This whole thread is ridiculous. “Strict constitutionalist conservatives” arguing that states and localities should knuckle under to the feds even where the feds have no authority…just because it’s a subject they happen to be passionate about.

There’s hypocrisy that knows no bounds all right…

4 Likes

illegal immigration is a crime in each and every state in which it occurs

an illegal alien in california is just as much an illegal alien as an illegal alien in texas

It’s a civil violation, not a criminal offense.

Which is the responsibility of the FEDS to enforce, not states or localities.

Have no authority? Immigration is an expressly delegated power of the Federal Government (namely Congress) under Article 1, section 8. In fact, your Sanctuary states/cities are expressly going against the “uniform rule of naturalization” set up by Congress. But you keep on keeping on. I’m sure somebody believes what you’re selling. :laughing:

Not quite. An overstayed Visa is a civil offense. Sneaking across the border is in fact a crime. Nice try though.

sneaking across the border is a misdemeanor.

So is Jaywalking in some places

Not wearing my seatbelt

Rolling a stop dign