The house select committee on Jan 6

I’d love to see Steve Brannon in federal lockup.

No trump to pardon him this out…

Allan

Listening to various LegalBeagles on the subject, if the DOJ goes forward making this a case it could get hung-up in the courts for months if not years.
It will also be interesting to see what Jeffery Clark does.

The Permanent House Committee on Insurrection

2 Likes

The insulation from those they serve is getting very thick… practically impenetrable.

1 Like

Bannon can not be allowed to get away with this. Even dedicated Republicans like Cheney agree he must be prosecuted. Soon, he should join Rove and Eric Holder in jail. Frog March him.

2 Likes

More subpoenas:
The Select Committee issued subpoenas for records and testimony to the following individuals:
Nicholas Luna
Molly Michael
Ben Williamson
Christopher Liddell
John McEntee
Keith Kellogg
Kayleigh McEnany
Stephen Miller
Cassidy Hutchinson
Kenneth Klukowski

I think some of the folks who get subpoenas will be surprised at how much Lawyer’s can charge for teaching them how to properly plead the 5th.

1 Like

Which, of course, is the whole point of lawfare: bullies using the law either to reduce dissident action by forcing them to deplete their dissident resources in defending themselves against spurious litigations, making those finances no longer available for offensive combat; or consuming dissidents’ livelihoods in spurious litigation to discourage other individuals from raising their voices in resistance.

2 Likes

Bullies? Who the hell is doing that? I am constantly surprised by the reaction of some of those on the right who view this process as some sort of witch hunt before seeing any of the conclusions. The Republicans had their shot at having this a 50/50 deal and they blew it. Very much like how so many Republicans blew the infrastructure bill vote.

1 Like

Besides: if they are all as pure as the wind driven snow, they don’t need lawyers. This isn’t a court of law, just show up and tell the truth. Right?

Thanks to 19 Senate R and 13 House R the news cycle can get back to portraying R as members of an unarmed junta.

Delightful.

Well, without a lawyer, I would not answer, pleading executive privilege, and force the globalist cabal to prove in court they have the right to the information they are demanding. And keep pushing them up the legal food chain to the Supreme Court, without a lawyer. If it’s good enough for Biden to ignore the courts because he allegedly believes he will win in the end, it’s good enough for the average Joe.

What is your definition of a bully?

Holder delayed for years. Follow the same process Holder used. If recent polls hold, there may be no committee a little over a year from now.

3 Likes

If you guys could lock Trump up, you would be doing Republicans like the biggest favor ever.

2 Likes

A massive political miscalculation.

Allan

If that’s your concern, they should announce that they plan to testify, unless Trump asserts privilege, and then let him pay to contest it.

Not even a little bit.

This way, they can simply say “non-partisan”, ignore the context, and they are done.

It’s exactly what they should have done if their interest is protecting the failed insurrection instead of the best interest of the country.

I don’t think that will work this out.

I guess we shall see.

In my opinion, it will be hard to ignore the facts.

Allan

Surely you jest.

This country in general, and the right in particular, ignore the facts all the time.

See virtually any thread on this board: facts are routinely ignored, defined away, or obscured behind a wall of pablum.

I think this investigation is important, but make no mistake: it is unlikely to move the needle so much as an inch.

1 Like