The guy who shot 16 people yesterday, mad about his engineering job

Yeah, did they teach gun safety on AR-15s with extended magazines?

I don’t wish demise on anyone, but from a coldly rational point of view it will be interesting to see what changes, if any, are significant enough to shift the culture once the Boomers lose enough of their numbers to fall from power.

And there was more than a few of the regular hannity posters that tried to give credibility to the conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook. Any explanation is more acceptable to them than perhaps take a long hard look at the culture of weaponry in the US.

Expanding it out from white women, I would hope that everyone and anyone begins to think outside their own immediate interests, and how their actions will determine what is left for those who survive them.

It’s hard to argue against any of that, although I will say that my generation (Gen X) has too many people who are apathetic, and too many who followed the Boomers into Trumpist lunacy. We’re not exactly a shining example of how to do it better.

I was taught if you see a gun,get an adult…

That was it.

Same will be for my kids. We dont need guns

Predictable…this “shooting in a gun free zone” comment.

I think of all the groups that bother me the most (outside of the really egregious ones of course), the apathetic conservative white woman might top the list. My girlfriend’s family is filled with them. They like to think of themselves as quality people, but have repeatedly gone out of their way to turn a blind eye to the atrocious policies and actions of the people they vote for. They will donate to a charity aimed at children on a Monday and then line up to go vote for a man who puts children in cages on a Tuesday. They demand fealty to the flag on Facebook in one post and then line up to defend a man who mocked the service of war heroes. It’s just so shallow, short sighted, and off putting.

3 Likes

Conservative white women the worst
:face_vomiting: unless there in the process of transitioning or gender fluid then there :ok_hand:

Here is some information about the alleged shooter:

Here is cached information from a mylife account that may be related to shooter:

Dewayne Craddock is 40 years old and was born on 10/15/1978. Dewayne’s Reputation Score is 3.02. Dewayne Craddock currently lives in Virginia Beach, VA; in the past Dewayne has also lived in Newport News VA. Dwayne Craddock, Dewayne A Craddock and Dewayne A Hamilton are some of the alias or nicknames that Dewayne has used. We know that Dewayne’s political affiliation is currently a registered Democrat; ethnicity is African American; and religious views are listed as Christian. Dewayne’s relationship status is married.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NeXGxyi6APwJ:https://www.mylife.com/dewayne-craddock/e346068733872+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=usd.

I am sure that if the shooter fit into the media’s stereotype of a Trump-loving, angry white male, they would be all over it.

Personally I doubt that the shooting had anything to do with race or politics, but I doubt that the media would see it that way if the alleged shooter had fit into their stereotypes.

Uuuuh no.

Other things need to be done.

Prosocute those who have guns illigally to the fullest extent of the law. Also those who sell or provide guns to those who can’t have them.

Regulate violent video games/movies the same way as sex in video games/movies. Convince the media not to “glorify” the shooter. let them remain name and faceless.

There are other steps as well.

1 Like

Ya this story will die out fast, you can see the twitter posts staring to slow about the incident.

Not to drop the act for too long, but how well do you feel that the regulation of sex in video games/movies has done in reducing young people from engaging in sex?

As the small government conservative that I am, I’m appalled that your solution to this problem is more government regulation of the first amendment.

I agree with everything but the movies and video games. Internet and media sensationalism is were it’s at. I read at one time there was 10,000+ estimated websites dedicated to the columbine killers. Many of the school shooters since often cite columbine as their inspiration or trying to exceed there kill count.

And before anyone thinks I am talking about regulating the internet I am not, just saying this exists and it’s what brought the incel slugs out of the basements as well.

I rarely watch news media, but I was under the assumption that they rarely show pictures of shooters during these incidents as to not “glorify” the killer.

All depends on what studies you look at. Some say it helps tremendously, other say not so much.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a gun with a gun.

Arm your gun for safety!

Where are the calls for Democrats to distance themselves from the shooter?

Oh wait, that kind of logic only applies to alleged shooters that are suspected of supporting Trump/Republicans.

This is another big problem. Unfortuanly really no way to constitutionally deal with it.

How would prosecuting those who have guns illegally have stopped the Virginia shooter?