The guy who shot 16 people yesterday, mad about his engineering job

If they had all been carrying firearms, this would have been stopped after only one or two murders.

Maybe three.

What, are you gonna take out some of our criminals and their conduct and leave the criminals in other countries and their statistics?

They should have defended themselves better. It’s a rough world so people need to stop being so soft.

Things are going to get worse, not better, when the libs try to remove the sitting President in 2020 or 2024. Not everyone, but a lot of people, are not going to stand by and allow either the Democrats or the Establishment to ruin what Trump started. Considering how easy it is for some wacko to get a gun and hit a soft target, I would rather not be a soft target.

Is he black or muslim like one poster suggested?

In the US, two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides. Some countries, such as Finland and Japan, have tight gun laws and higher suicide rates than the US.

Is there any evidence that more gun regulations would reduce suicide?

Yes. If only to point out the reason why some places end up being worse than others.

Gangs are found among all groups, which is true, but for whatever reason they presently have more success recruiting among certain minority groups. Once was in different times and places other groups than the current ones had the same “honor” (there was a time when even Jewish street gangs were a thing in NYC).

However they are constituted said gangs skew the statistics to make their ethnic groups look more criminal than they really are, especially compared to what would be the case if the gangs disappeared or waned.

If you think I’m just singing Dixie only ask yourself where are the violent Italian gangs that once had communities labeled as bad seeds?

Without the gangs the statistics simply converge. Yes, the more endemic the gangs are the worse their secondary effects are on the local culture … but in time that too would settle out without them.

So … you don’t think an engineer can be black or Muslim? :wink:

1 Like

Recent history shows mass shootings in Norway and France that exceeded anything that has occurred in the US, yet they have tighter gun laws.

The Bataclan attacks slaughtered 130 people in Paris. The attackers reloaded several times without fear of resistance.

And yet, I’ll trade those outlier events all day long for our ■■■■ show. Because math.

Yeah, let’s stick with disarming the potential victims in gun free zones.

… or not…

The whole suicide thing makes it seem better until you actually dig down into the statistics…

http://vpc.org/press/eleven-murder-suicides-occur-across-america-each-week-claiming-more-than-1300-lives-annually-new-vpc-study-finds/

Why are you commies always trying to restrict a criminal’s access to the most efficient means of committing mass murder currently available to him?

1 Like

I’d prefer reducing our homicide rate to levels of these other developed nations. Crazy, I know.

2 Likes

And for every Paris or Norway we have dozens of incidents like Thousand Oaks, Virginia Tech, the Pulse Nightclub, Las Vegas, Aurora, Sandy Hook, etc etc… It’s a constant stream of death that we have made absolutely no serious attempt to stop as a society. And no, arming kindergarten teachers is not serious.

The weapon isn’t why there’s a murder. I’ve seen what a baseball bat will do to a face (used to process film for the police and a DA).

But a weapon can end up being why there isn’t a murder.

If something was going to be done it would have happened after Sandy Hook. Instead we got conspiracy theories from the fringe right that it was staged, and indifference (i.e. “thoughts and prayers”) from the mainstream right. Perhaps after a generation or two public opinion will reach critical mass such that genuine change is pursued, but until then? Reset the clock.

Clearly the answer to this is more guns!!!

Anybody with half a brain can see this.

Back in the day they taught kids gun safety in schools.

Now they teach them victimhood via Left wing social claptrap.

Maybe what we really need is less Left wing social claptrap?

Nope. More guns.

Do you think this shooter was motivated by left wing claptrap?

Like most of the problems facing America today, we need to wait for a fairly apathetic group of middle aged to elderly white conservative voters to be replaced by younger, more sensible folks. Hopefully we will then see some real progress made on a whole host of issues. Way too many in the former group have gone through life simply not caring about anyone outside of their narrow bubbles.