The growing threat of Russia and the Eastern Front

he’s been wrong about every major fp and defense issue forv 47 years, why do you expect different?

2 Likes

This is conspiracy nonsense.

Nobody is getting into any bloodbaths

1 Like

never underestimate joe’s ability to ■■■■ things up

1 Like

No one intends to get suck in bloodbaths.

Fighting Russia on its home turf is not a good idea. Napoleon and Hitler learned that the hard way.

No my point was that nothing is going to happen

Despite you snd your brethren belief that Biden is the worst thing for fp since whatever reference you guys use

Right damned if he does damned if he doesn’t.

My concern is more that the CIA and the military are taking control of things given Biden’s obvious weakness.

What is good for the CIA and the Pentagon is not necessarily good for America.

That’s exactly the truth, Russia has the GDP of Italy. One only has to read about the Chechen wars from 1994-2009 to see how weak they are militarily. It’s all talk there navy has been mostly scrapped and other than a few modern tanks their tanks are obsolete.

Also Russia isn’t going to nuke anyone, they are smart enough to know what would happen next they are not in some death religion cult. Putin obviously is a thug but he’s one doing so to enrich himself. Russia is a pimple in power and GDP compared to China and what’s coming with their push in the China Sea.

I’m not so casually sanguine about stupid wars starting and continuing for no good reason and against the immediate intetests of their…orchestrators.

Tuchman is instructive, here:

Russia is a mess. Their military is a joke for the most part.

The only thing they have going for them is the Strategic Rocket Forces. It’s probably the best land based nuclear force in the world.

Not that it means much when our retaliation strike would end life in European Russia for a century.

It wouldn’t be a blood bath on our side. They are a gas station.

The only thing they have going for them is their nuclear strike force and they can’t even use it without having the western third of Russia turned into a glass parking lot.

Since the fall of the USSR they have failed to match the US military at what it does best. Logistics. We can deploy large numbers of forces anywhere in the world with a few days notice. And we can support and supply them for years on end without any type of foreign support.

The USSR had that capability to a limited extend. The Russian Federation doesn’t have it at all.

They wouldn’t even be able to get those into the stratosphere.

I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Considering the state of the rest of their military, half of their warheads may fail to launch.

1 Like

No argument here.

2 Likes

It’s got to be demoralizing for the older Russian officers, the guys who served in the Soviet armed forces before they collapsed.

They went from being one of the world’s best militaries to being a complete joke in less than a decade.

I know if my name was General Vasilly I would be pretty friggin’ depressed.

And the other half would get shot down promptly after launch. They were always a joke, but useful for domestic propaganda.

Realistically speaking the Chinese are probably the only ones who could actually fight the US and not completely embarrass themselves in the first five minutes.

Even then, they would most certainly lose. It would be inevitable.

We can put Tomahawk cruise missiles through the windows of small houses. And more importantly can do it reliably and in large numbers.

We can also shoot 60mm mortars out of the sky with bullets.

1 Like

Just sabre rattling. Russian military quality aside, Ukraine is ready to defend their territory now. It’d be nothing like 2014 or 2015. Ukraine’s military is the second largest in Europe after France. Almost their entire army has combat experience since they’ve pretty much all rotated to Donbas at some point or were part of ATO campaign. Can they go against Russia alone and win? No, but Russia would have to use a huge percentage of their military and it’d be bloody as hell. Putin doesn’t want that.