The growing threat of Russia and the Eastern Front

Yes, They are mad about military drill with NATO/Ukraine.
I doubt they will invade Ukraine.

will Russia commit to a full invasion of eastern Ukraine if Ukraine vote to join NATO?

No, they are a paper tiger. An invasion would only expose their weakness.

Biden spit in the face of Putin for no apparent reason.

I see no way that the US is going to win in Ukraine especially since we need to deal with China’s saber rattling in the Pacific.

The Obama-Biden war in Ukraine had wound down under Trump. Now it appears that Biden is trying to crank up the killing machine again.

1 Like

I don’t know. I don’t see how that wouldn’t trigger a nuclear war. You can’t make the same arguments for the western two thirds of Ukraine that you can make for Crimea.

Absolutely. Russia would get demolished. And they know it.

2 Likes

He said that, because Putin is a piece of ■■■■ and a killer. If you posted about him in Russia the way you post about Biden & co, you’d have an unfortunate ‘accident’.

4 Likes

Putin is straight up a real life Bond villain. He’s a legitimately lethal martial artist on top of everything else for ■■■■■■ sake.

It’s a sticky situation the country is split like ours in politics hence the civil war the western side is mostly pro west. The majority on the eastern side is pro Russian.

We should stay away from this the EU which has more proximity and effect from this won’t touch this.

The events in Maidan and other anti-Russian alliance making is the sole result of Polish interests being incorporated into the EU. They released some 500 page document (if I can find it, I’ll link it) pretty much spelling the whole thing out. Beforehand, no one gave a ■■■■ about Eastern Europe.

1 Like

It’s a messy situation that’s were my wife is from originally and most of her family is still there. She is from a small city in western Ukraine called Ivano Frankivsk.

The war didn’t effect them in terms of violence but help crush and already crushed economy… Nice people the politicians are basically the mob there and are typically rich for a reason.

Half of the country wants to be a part of the EU the other side wants to be back with the motherland. I can send you some cool pics I took over there while I was there last time in 2016. We were supposed to go back last year but covid :frowning:

That would be great.

Ukraine and Moldova (especially) are kleptocratic nightmares. Belarus seemed to fair far better, albeit with the continuing totalitarianism. They’re next on the regime change list.

1 Like

Good grief. What the hell is Biden doing to crank this up? He didn’t put 100K troops on the border as a major saber-rattling exercise. Putin has never been our friend. He calmed down when Trump was in office because Trump was willing to do his bidding. And then he and his minions tried to sell the world on how harsh he was with Putin. That didn’t sell. And you blaming Biden for everything that goes on in the world isn’t going to sell also.

1 Like

That’s a good description

“The Obama Biden war in Ukraine”

Damn. You guys really do live in your own world.

1 Like

One of the largest causes of war. Not good if a country with military power loses their economic base. And petroleum is screwed now. Solar is cheaper.

The Black Sea is key here. They have been obsessed with that for centuries.
Chechnya is a great example of it too.

Yeah, controlling the Black Sea and hopefully then the Straits of Bosphorus has been a key Russian foreign policy objective since like the 16th, 17th century

It’s actually not far from reality. Maidan was sponsored by the US in part.

Calling winding down under trump is beyond silly since he sent them actual weapons…

Burisma’s payoffs to Hunter have not hurt with Biden’s support for Ukraine.

The last thing the US needs is getting into a bloodbath with Russia in Ukraine. The only one who wins in a major war between Russia and the US is China.