The growing threat of Russia and the Eastern Front

Is that the “R2D2 gun” my friends who went overseas were talking about?

Yep, the Phalanx CIWS.

Stuff like that combined with our world class logistics is what makes the United States the ultimate fighting force.

Our military has dominant offensive and defensive capability combined with the ability to support thousands of troops from half way around the world.

The only other nations who have even 10% of our capabilities are staunch US allies who bought most of that tech from us like the UK, France, South Korea, and Japan.

The Chinese are trying to get there; they are trying to emulate us. But they are decades from even coming close.

It’s possible, but they’d better be as far inland as possible. When we start walking behind artillery, it gets nastay.

1 Like

Why in the world would Biden go to war with Russia over Ukraine?

Should we be concerned about this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-us-strategic-command-just-casually-tweeted-about-nuclear-war/ar-BB1fQXwL

Sure enough, they said that. :thinking:

It"s refreshingly honest.

1 Like

They’re not wrong.

Especially against the Russians, who we would mop the floor with conventionally as soon as the first shots were fired. They would get desperate really fast.

I’ll bet we moved the ABL program onto satellites about 10 years ago. Nuke’s are yesterday’s muscle.

Putin is a piece of ■■■■ and who cares if Biden sad something mean about him?? He’s as bad as Xi Jinping in China, ■■■■ Putin. He brought Russia from hopeful after the fall of the Soviet Union right back Soviet style governance. I spit in his face and so should you and so should every patriotic American. He is anti freedom and liberty and pro totalitarianism.

4 Likes

I rarely comment on posts but bravo. Truly.

It’s appreciated. :+1:

I hope so.

Anything to lessen the chance of that Pandora’s box getting opened.

We won’t know for sure until someone forces us to admit we violated that treaty.

Putin is just trying to stay alive, literally. If he loses power he is almost sure to be jailed and possibly even executed.

China is no match for us militarily. Not even close.

How long to switch out magazines?

I never operated one, but if changing out the belt is similar to any other platform, then typically within seconds. It may even be automated to a certain extent.

I just read the Wiki article about it, with lots of impressive facts and figures, but nothing about changing magazines. The new ones hold 1550 rounds lol.