The Great Hoax Is Causing Dain Bramage šŸ¤£

I thought we were down to like 8?

1 Like

Massive in the next 8? No. But we will definitely notice the beginnings of extinction for certain temperature sensitive species in the 2030s, if temps continue to rise.

Sea turtles off the top of my head. Coral reefs would be affected greatly.

The goal is 1.5C by 2100. That probably wonā€™t happen. Not enough people want to take action. By the time people really notice whats going on weā€™ll be on our way to 2C.

Even if we took drastic efforts now. Keep global temperatures under 1.5C. 1.5C is still devastating. Our ecosystems will look much different in the next 80 years.

Ya 1.5 has sailed. Most folks feel we will be lucky to stay under 3 degrees by 2100- completely changing the entire climate of the Earth. Catastrophic but if there are feedback loops such as melting the permafrost- we could get to 5- unimaginable.

Jesus 5? 2 is already catastrophic. I canā€™t even imagine what 2.5+ would look like.

The topic of Climate Change is so depressing.

Yea.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1NY186

What are you talking about? Most of the planet is under water now.

What do you think the eco system went through when Beringia was inundated by rising the rising ocean following the end of the last ice age? How about the ecosystem of the Black Sea when the Bosphous opened? Change happens ā€¦ sometimes very suddenly. Change is the most constant thing about climate. We just usually donā€™t live long enough to notice it, so when we do notice, it seems unusual.

1 Like

Stop the alarmism. You people predicted the end already happened.

2 Likes

You know we can solve it any time we like by injecting particulate into the upper atmosphere right? We arenā€™t monkeys.

Or negative feedback could stabilize it or take it back down. You have no idea.

Well, except for the fact that the ground currently under glaciers is not suitable for farming and that much of the water used for farming comes from glaciers. There is no doubt that the loss of glaciers will worsen the hydrological situation for a lot of people. But in a sense, you are right. Many area that are currently too cold for farming will become viable.

You might want to review your worst-case scenario sea level rise maps.

Hey I have a question, see if someone here can answer it. If we go all in on solar, donā€™t solar panels soak up a lot of heat? Wouldnā€™t it darken our albedo?

I am thinking we might have to install a photonic reflector panel for every solar panel?

You know what I mean. Current landmass and where people live.

I was specifically responding to a post regarding all glaciers melting.

Not this suddenly. At the rate itā€™s going, without stopping, it will be catastrophic for everything on this planet.

Even at 2C, which is what is looking more likely. We are looking at 99% of Coral Reefs dying. Thatā€™s going to destroy marine life.

Cheer up.

https://www.aims.gov.au/news-and-media/gene-editing-study-finds-gene-heat-tolerance-corals

If we got rid of all other sources and just went solar only? Yeah, that would be bad.

But with a mix of Solar, Nuclear, and other renewables? I doubt we would have enough panels to make significant differences.

It always has been. Nothing new about that either.

How did sea turtles and coral survive the previous warm periods? They have both been here a lot longer than we have.

Great way to bring in an ice age. :wink:

You should say what you mean if you want people to known what you mean.

All glaciers melting wonā€™t do that.

How did corals survive the Cretaceous and Paleocene-Eocene ages? Given your dire predictions, how did anything survive?