The Great Hoax Is Causing Dain Bramage 🤣

What do you expect from those that hope you’ll see the “V” on their forehead, while shopping at Walmart…thus financially supporting the worst offenders of the cause they’re working to stop. These are some mixed up people…period and the system is just taking advantage of that.

Zoom in. Steep is relative.

“Science” :rofl::+1:t4:

But your point isn’t.

1 Like

2, 4, 8, 16, 32…

Where isn’t it “steep”?

Umm, the doubling gets larger numerically, 2 to 4 isn’t as numerically large increase as 4 to 8. Did I make as much money if my funds go from 2 to 4 as I did when it went from 4 to 8? No, I made twice as much.

The Arctic is not doing so good. The summer ice has shrunk by close to 50% in the last 40 years, warming twice as fast as the rest of the planet… It’s disappearing faster than previously thought.

Earth was pretty much a garden of eden with no ice caps. Huge biodiversity and huge biosphere.

Yes, but that’s my point. Your steepness observation is only a trick of vantage point. Graph my points, which are an exponential growth, and it looks steep at the end. Zoom out and expand that series all the way to 2056 and the area you originally thought was steep, 16,32 no longer appears steep despite you originally thinking it was.

The point is, for an exponential growth curve the end is always the steep part of the curve and thus the present always is the steep part of the technology curve.

The exponential can be called steep because steep is relative. But your point is not relative. I thought that was clear.

Really? Not doing well? Did you know that Hadrosaurs once lived in large numbers on what today is the North Slope of Alaska when that land lay at a latitude farther north than it does today? Warmer is better.

2 Likes

No pause?

Well said. :+1:

Those petroleum companies really got their think tank disinfo money’s worth.

1 Like

My point is the very definition of relative. Every “present day” will seem to be the steep part of the curve.

If the present day is year 5, we are in the steep part of the curve. If present day is year 20, we are in the steep part of the curve. If present day is year 100, we are in the steep part of the curve. But at each of the latter two “present days”, the previous “present days” of 5, and 5 and 20 respectively will look rather flat.

That’s the nature of the exponential growth curve.

But the reality is technology will not grow indefinitely at an exponential rate.

True story: a buddy of mine, whose 2 adult sons still live at home is tormented daily by them and his wife with tales of climate doom and gloom and how Bernie was the one who could have reversed this. The doom and gloomers are actually planning to move to a northern state in the next few years because they are convinced Kentucky and the rest of the southeast will be a desert in 5-7 years. He told them all to have fun with the move.

Says who?

5v893r

1 Like

Says me.

1 Like

Well you are wrong, likely confusing moore’s law with the exponential advancement in information related fields.