The gaslighter in chief

According to Tucker Carlson’s own employer, everyone should know not to take him seriously.

So I think that answers your questions.

The liberal rule…

MUST DEFLECT TO TRUMP…

You are following it perfectly.

Meanwhile every metric shows that things have gotten worse in America since the Lying POS Biden, his embarrassment of a Vice President, his cabinet of fools that might “look like America” but hasn’t got a clue what it’s doing, and Pelosi and Schumer assumed their cool new jobs in January 2021.

The theme of the thread is Biden - Gaslighter in Chief. If you want to talk about Trump start a thread about him. You people couldn’t wait to turn a Biden thread into some weird mesh of Trump and Tucker Carlson. Bizarre, but predictable.

I look forward to the November election and the obliteration of those frauds…

Smyrna is a smart guy and a person who’s thoughts I always look forward to hearing.

Is it getting tough to find new and creative ways to defend that disaster in the White House?

3 Likes

Cool. Perhaps he can expand on his thoughts on who is to blame for 1H2021 inflation (Feb-Jun). His rule would indicate Trump but his posts blame Biden. Maybe the smart guy can explain this discrepancy.

Btw, inflation was mentioned in the OP. Certainly assigning blame is quite on topic.

Amen, Brother.

You can take him any way you want. Noone will cancel you for opposing views. However the libs would like to cancel Mr. Carlson.

:us: Trump 2024 :us:

1 Like

Oh before I forget, Let’s Go Brandon

1 Like

Bosun’s OP…

Only an idiot would think Biden’s economic strategies are working. I think I heard even Jerome Powell is expecting this cycle of inflation libs told us was “transitory” would be with us thru 2024. And remember…Biden and many of this forum’s smartest guy in the room leftists were fully supportive of “build back better” (build back bankrupt is more like it) which would have pumped even more dollars into this economy to chase a limited # of goods. We are probably headed according to several people much smarter than me a period of recession and stagflation…

I posted a link showing 70% of Americans disapprove of clueless Joe’s stupid economic policies.

So hey…let’s bash the previous president and a tv host!

Again I ask…what public policy has Tucker Carlson
Implemented that has led to inflation, a porous southern border, and a world that has been tiptoeing around WWIII?

1 Like

According to Smyrna, that early inflation that I identified from Feb-Jun was Trump’s fault.

You disagree, Rodeo?

It’s later in the day than I like to be involved in this forum (its a genuine waste of time to get drug into discussions with lefties in particular when there are actually productive things to be done but what the hell…)

From CNBC - Headline - “Fed influence, shaky forecasts, delayed decisions: How the Biden administration misread the inflation threat”

The first couple of paragraphs…

“When President Joe Biden nominated former Fed Chair Janet Yellen to run the Treasury Department, his rationale was simple: “No one is better prepared to deal with this crisis.”…The crisis to which he referred was a “K-shaped” economic recovery that had exacerbated inequality in the wake of a once-in-a-generation pandemic. The administration had a simple plan, and Yellen would help carry it out. Once hundreds of millions of Americans were vaccinated against Covid-19, and trillions of dollars in new government spending flowed into the economy, the world would return to normal under a supercharged recovery…One year later, a different problem — inflation — is dampening the recovery, sucking the oxygen out of strategy sessions, angering voters and threatening Democrats’ razor-thin governing margins. This is happening despite warnings from economists and months of vows from the Federal Reserve and the White House it would be short-lived.”

The piece highlights some reasons…Yellen staffed the treasury with a bunch of think tank nerds from the Fed. “Yellen poached experts in economics and labyrinthine political processes from the well she knew best — the Federal Reserve — causing a revolving door of new hires to spin even more quickly than normal.”

Biden spent more time worrying about Covid than he did Supply and Demand. “Hassett was part of a trio of former White House economists, including Clinton Treasury Secretary Larry Summers and Obama CEA chair Jason Furman, who warned early in Biden’s term that inflation was afoot, when the government was more concerned with Covid. They parsed different data but arrived at the same conclusions: Trillions in stimulus spending being plowed back into the economy when companies couldn’t produce enough of what consumers wanted would drive prices higher…“It’s obvious to a person who does macroeconomic modeling of the modern variety that inflation was going to take off,” Hassett told CNBC. Last April, Hassett declared that the inflation “fire was on” and by June determined that inflation would reach 7% by the end of the year.”

From Fox Business…“How Biden’s policies ignited inflation” How Biden's policies ignited inflation | Fox Business

“Inflation, as we all learned from our elementary economics text book, is too many dollars chasing too few goods…Hold that thought and everything else falls into place…Because this simple and inviolable law of economics and finance explains in one sentence why the Biden government spending bills have accelerated the rise in consumer prices to their highest rates in nearly 30 years…Remember: there have been three massive spending bills flushed into the economy this year – already – and mostly financed with debt: the $1.9 trillion blue state bailout bill back in the spring and the $1.2 trillion infrastructure/green energy bill…Tack on to that the $1 trillion COVID relief bill that passed during President Trump’s last weeks in office. These budget busters were mostly financed with more federal borrowing. And an unusually large share of the government bonds has been financed by the Federal Reserve Board buying them – that is with dollars that are printed and circulated into the economy.”

Now…You might argue that Trump spent too much on Covid Relief…and I won’t disagree. But it’s inarguable that Biden threw buckets of gas on that fire. Build Back Bankrupt might have been the final nail in the coffin.

Add to all of that, IMHO…Biden’s decisions on energy to immediately go after fossil fuels…Remember Biden said during the campaign “We are Going to Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”. The massive price increases at the gas pump are at the core of our inflation crisis. We as a society should learn the lesson that any and all input from Green New Deal idiots on energy policy from January 21, 2021 forward should be ignored and deemed unwelcome. We need to stop letting environuts make energy policy. Full Stop.

Biden’s your guy…deflect to Trump and Tucker Carlson all you want but your guy sucks.

I’m out have a lovely day.

4 Likes

That’s a whole lot of words to say you do not subscribe to Smyrna’s 18 month cone theory. Ok. That’s fine.

The single dumbest thing on the list of dumb things you lefties write here daily is your effort to tell we conservatives what we are thinking. Here’s a hint…You impress no one with that crap.

That’s alot of words to show you why the idiot you voted for and his policies are directly responsible for the nightmare we are experiencing right now and oh by the way it’s going to get worse. I didn’t expect you to understand a word of it.

Anyway I’ve made my point flounder around with it all you want. Maybe it’s all Tucker Carlson’s fault!

5 Likes

So you DO agree with Smyrna’s 18 month cone theory. Got it. So that early inflation is Trump’s fault.

So I had a minute and thought I d see what words of wisdom were offered in response.

Just to summarize I produced a post linked to two different articles detailing why our current inflation mess can be traced back to the Biden admin. When i wrote that post i knew i was wasting my time responding to a kookfringe lib who cared more about narrative than truth. Only an idiot or a liar who read what i wrote and come to the conclusion Borgia Dude came to above. I don’t know which catagory you fit in and I sincerely don’t care, but I will thank you to never misrepresent my opinions this blatantly again.

“Must Deflect to Trump”.

3 Likes

So you do disagree with Smyrna’s rule that there is an 18 month cone.

See, the problem you are having is you want to assign the inflation to Biden but don’t want to have to say that Smyrna is wrong. I’m not sure why you are having a problem articulating that.

Let’s test your consistency further. Inflation since Day 1 under Biden is all his fault. Ok. Is the very low unemployment similarly Biden’s fault? Unemployment 15 months later? Or is that due to Trump?

1 Like

Dude I don’t care about your interpretation of Smyrna’s rule. Take that up with Smyrna. My position is perfectly clear.

Go bother somebody else. Stop lying about what I said.

I’m just trying to understand you. You say that Biden is responsible for inflation from Day 1. Does he get credit for the large drop in unemployment from Day 1 or is that different?

Then read what I’ve already written.

Here’s the onlyh thing you need to understand…You have no credibility with me. I have no interest in further interaction with you. You lied about my above comments.

Go away.

I didn’t lie, I assumed a conclusion based on your “smart guy” comment about Smyrna. I assumed you agreed with his theory. It looks like you don’t, but you seem too deferential to say it.

Look, I know I am asking a difficult question about why Day 1 inflation is due to Biden but Day 1 Unemployment is…?

Are you consistent?

Yes you did.

You know what happens when you assume.

Bye bye now!

1 Like

…and your lack of comprehension is spoken like a person whose mental cognizance concluded Brandon was the better choice. In the future, I’ll try to stay in the shallow end when discussing something. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like