The death toll from China's covert war against the US has reached over 1.6 million

I’m guessing either history is no longer taught or that you flunked…

1 Like

“Me thinks thou doth protest too much”.

Could be, but Communists leaders hate to be humiliated. They need to maintain their delusion of superiority. Trump beat them badly in front of the world. I’m guessing they do hate him and us by extension… In any event. They wouldn’t hesitate to either release a man made virus or steer a natural virus our way if it helped further their interest like helping Biden get the White House…

Several experts have deduced from data that the virus was engineered. There therefore cannot be “zero” evidence that the virus was engineered.

1 Like

Who asked you to? Frankly I don’t care if you do or don’t.

ok, take the following paragraph as one example. from your link

Maciej Boni: You might see an insertion that looks unusual, and you look out in nature and you see that no other viruses have genetic insertions like that. We did not see any genetic insertions that are not also identified in nature. So there’s no evidence suggesting that it was manmade or laboratory created somehow.

So the Chinese use a recycled genetic segment from a virus found in nature. No evidence doesn’t necessarily mean it can’t be done, it can also mean it was done in a way that didn’t leave any.

Or discover on that had already mutated on its own and weaponizing it.

The economical damage is beyond that of Great Recession which the world still hasn’t recovered from. The entertainment, leisure, travel, restaurant, air travel industries etc… have been crushed. I was looking a few weeks ago at all the companies that went out of business because of COVID-19 the list was daunting.

The joys of globalism HIV/AIDS, MERS, SARS, Ebola, H1NI, H5NI, TB, SARS COVID-19 and the list goes on and on.

Hey at least we get cheaper labor, lost our manufacturing base, and stock prices increasing. Sounds like a fair tradeoff. :thinking:

I’m talking about a philosophy of relying on experts when outside my area of expertise. Isn’t that a wise course of action?

I did not think you understood the paragraph in question.

My bet it was a lab leak, not saying intentional. But after watching a documentary on the Wuhan lab which wasn’t a conspiracy show but basically a time line of events. The level 4 Wuhan lab is literally 300 yards from the wet markets the CCP claimed it started at, when they weren’t blaming the U.S. for planting it or accusing of it being in imported Norwegian Salmon.

Also keep in mind this is the only level 4 bio lab in China meaning they would be working on these types of viruses as well as practicing a highly controversial technique of reverse genetics creating a virus so they can then study on ways to counter it. Controversial in the fact that if one of these things get out it could cause a global pandemic.

I would like to think they wouldn’t have done this on purpose but they haven’t ruled it out that it didn’t escape, only that there is no evidence it did. And then you have the CCP who have not been exactly cooperative with international investigations in Wuhan, so we will probably never know and just have to trust the communist country of China on their word.

4 Likes

I majored in English, have a degree, perhaps you should defer to the expert in reading comprehension?

It wasn’t the words I was referring to but the science.

That paragraph was science? Learn new things every day I guess.

For context consider that Mao is still on China’s currency. His policies resulted in deaths of tens of millions people from famine during the infamous Great Leap Forward in the late 1950’s and 1960’s. The idea of losing a few thousand people, mainly the old and sick, in a biowarfare attack against the US is nothing by comparison.

For confirmation consider these recent comments from Chinese sociologist, Dr. Li Yi:

". . . God has pulled off a little trick, right? God created COVID-19 and spread it to every country in the world.”
“COVID-19 is bad for Europe and America, but it is beneficial for North Korea and China.”
“We still have 4,000 dead, right? But if 4,000 (Chinese) die versus 220,000 in the United States, we haven’t really lost a single person, have we? We’re close to zero infections and zero deaths. If 4,000 people out of 1.4 billion die, that’s the same as no one getting sick and no one dying.”

The Daily Wire – 30 Nov 20

Chinese Sociologist: We’ll Soon Surpass U.S., ‘U.S. Will Not Survive,’ We’ll…

Tucker Carlson recently reported on similar plans for China to dominate the US elites, which includes politicians and news organizations:

Tucker: America’s political elite have been working on behalf of China (msn.com)

Earlier he interviewed a Hong Kong virologist who confirms that the virus was designed in China and intentionally released:

Chinese virologist: China’s government ‘intentionally’ released COVID-19 | Fox News

Unthinkable, they have pandas, pandas are cute.

Not experts, nuts.

There is no evidence to suggest it was engineered.

The reason it was so easy for the first vaccine to be developed was the fact it closely resembled the SARS viruses that causes the last two SARS epidemics.

All three were very similar and Moderna had worked up a template based on those for the next outbreak. Once they had the genome it took less than a week to come up with the necessary final sequences for this vaccine.

Evidence that is possible doesn’t translate to evidence that it happened.

Seriously, all available evidence suggests this was a natural variant or mutation of a long existing strain of CV and there simply is none to suggest it was either created in a lab nor weaponized in one.

We do know that in at least one case a lab assistant working with infected bats accidentally got infected and spread it. Those were trapped, wild bats that were already infected with CCPV.

Nothing in the article explains how the virus naturally evolved so that the population of China would have herd immunity to it.

Evidence for the lab origin is extensively reviewed in an earlier thread.
Growing evidence that Wuhan coronavirus originated in a lab - Outside The Beltway - Hannity Community

Exactly. There’s no evidence they started the epidemic on purpose but they damned sure covered it up out of self interest.

Once they saw how damaging it was to their own economy they knew the effect it would have on the rest of the world.

1. With their economy already receeding they could not afford further declines unless the rest of the world also suffered at least equally.

2)They knew that they would begin to recover faster than the rest of the world so they had a distinct advantage both going in and coming out of their own epidemic.

3)Rampant profiteering in the markets for PPE, Anti Virals, Antibiotics, and sanitizers helped mitigate much of the economic damage to China and helped them to recover even faster as the rest of the world continues to suffer and becomes even more reliant on Chinese manufacturing as their own is shut down during the Pandemic.

What do you think I have been arguing? I haven’t argued they did it, only that it’s not a crazy idea to think they may have. Or not impossible they did. Lack of evidence is not proof of innocence.

1 Like