The death toll from China's covert war against the US has reached over 1.6 million

To people that know nothing, this is as plausible as the bio weapon hypothesis.

:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Millions of Chinese died from Covid? News to me. Link? I know they love their people enough to have over a million of them in gulags but haven’t seen anyone report millions of them dying from Covid.

That doesn’t hold up logically. Take this paragraph as an example.

The mixing or “recombination” of distinct coronavirus genomes in nature is one of the mechanisms that brings about novel coronaviruses. There is now further evidence that this process could be involved in the generation of SARS-CoV-2.

How do forensic scientists tell the difference between an artificial and natural recombination of existing virus?

Genomic markers. Just because you can’t tell the difference doesn’t mean the people who’ve studied this for their entire lives can’t. They can

So if I recombine two existing virus that somehow leaves an artificial marker for someone to find? Since you understand it so well I look forward to hearing the answer.

Yes, that can all be tracked and traced. It is what the world’s leading virologists all say. Why do you doubt their expertise?

I didn’t say it couldn’t. I said where’s the evidence?

Like I said, at least going by that article, those explanations don’t seem to be logical to me. I don’t see how that would leave any sort of marker to find. I thought you understood how and were going to explain it to me. Nice punt.

And I didn’t say it had, only that I don’t see why it isn’t possible and so not crazy to suspect or think it. I agree it doesn’t warrant action unless proven.

I personally feel virologists have a better grasp on what’s going on than some random internet poster that has strong feelings something isn’t right

You can feel whatever you like.

I’m assuming nobody here is an expert in virology. So, who should we rely on to guide us through the question of whether Covid could have been created as a biological weapon?

No, I am not a virus expert, I do however understand the basics of gene recombination. I keep up with several fields I am not in, quantum physics and cosmology as well as few others. Their explanations appear to me to be well, if the Chinese were totally stupid and didn’t have covering their tracks as one of their main goals they could tell. I don’t have to have a degree in the field to find how anyone would be able to tell a lab based combination of virus genes from a natural mutation puzzling. Just like I don’t need a degree in physics to know ice melts.

In addition they could have just weaponized a natural virus and again there would be no way any expert scientist would have any way of knowing.

The Chi-coms neither care about their people or anyone else but themselves. So I don’t find it ludicrous to suspect they may have had a hand in it beyond oops.

1 Like

Ok. I don’t follow the science behind viruses so who should I rely on to tell me if they can detect man-made versus natural?

Well, a Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Tulane disagrees with you. He is interviewed on the subject and they go through the different means of creating new or modifying a virus and it seems pretty hard to imagine. Read through the transcript.

I can’t read this article…and then take anything found in the OP seriously. SCIENCE…Stick with it people.

I order for the OP to be true…the Chinese would have had to find a way to create a Novel virus in a lab…mutate it in some deadly way and not have that mutation look in anyway un natural. No sign of man made tampering anywhere.

Damn the Chinese are good? They pulled that off with no sign of man made or lab created tampering to a perfectly naturally mutated virus.

Gotta give them credit.

Neither one nor two have any basis in fact. For cross immunity all they need share is one common protein.

Back to my example. Salmonella is a bacteria yet the anti serum provided life saving treatment for Canine Parvo Virus because they share some common proteins.

The exodus from Wuhan makes perfect sense, it is natural for people to attempt to flee in the face of an epidemic of fatal disease. It’s how local outbreaks have become epidemics and pandemics throughout history.

Zero evidence suggests it was an engineered virus.

It isn’t about hate for the Chinese, it’s about money, power, and control of natural resources and their 1.7 bn population.

They simply see us as an impediment to their desire for global domination and control.

1 Like

While I think your premise above is way off the mark Communist regimes have long well been known for culling what they see as their excess populations.

China is facing yet another population crises in the next decade as robotics and mechanization will eliminate the need for about 25% of their still growing labor force.

You should perhaps read up on China’s losses during the Korean war.

During their mass attacks they launched wave after wave of unarmed troops marching against allied lines with maybe just 10% of them being armed on the premise it would make the UN forces run out of ammo and melt down their machine guns and the surviving Chinese could hopefully then just pick up weapons that had been dropped by their own dying first wave troops and those dropped by UN forces.

They lost an estimated 1.4-1.8 million casualties.

A loss ratio in excess of 10:1 was perfectly acceptable.

Mao killed upwards of 50 million of his own people during the Chinese Civil War and purges following WWII.

1 Like