The burbs are flipping blue

who’s gonna make the arrest? a social worker?

And now I see. It’s a trial ballon floated by some of the more radical people in the legislature.

It will go nowhere.

Anyone found guilty of assaulting a law enforcement official needs a severe penalty.

That goes without saying.

Allan

See, its a proposal. Nothing’s been voted on or passed.

"Virginia state Sen. Scott Surovell told Fox News in a phone interview that assault on an officer has only been a felony since 1997, and that was done as part of a compromise related to harsher treatment of hate crimes. He said that as a result of this, any kind of unwanted contact with an officer including “minor bumps” could be charged as a felony, and that such cases have been prosecuted accordingly.

Surovell, who is also a criminal defense attorney, said that police often tack on felony charges for minor incidents. As a result of the felony charge, defendants face additional pressure to plead guilty, he said."

2 Likes

What are you taking about?

where have you been? remember ? Defund police? Who is going to arrest the alleged felon?

It is a draft proposal, and is likely not going anywhere. but who knows. I, for one, think it is stupid of them to have even drafted up, because it gives the opposition ammunition against them.

Tearing down Confederate monuments was also.

Then they came for Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Mt. Rushmore.

Where did you read any instances in VA where municipalities were going to defund the police?
Since it isn’t going to happen, the answer to your question is simple - The police will make the arrest.

1 Like

I posted this above from the link you also provided:

"Virginia state Sen. Scott Surovell told Fox News in a phone interview that assault on an officer has only been a felony since 1997, and that was done as part of a compromise related to harsher treatment of hate crimes. He said that as a result of this, any kind of unwanted contact with an officer including “minor bumps” could be charged as a felony, and that such cases have been prosecuted accordingly.

Surovell, who is also a criminal defense attorney, said that police often tack on felony charges for minor incidents. As a result of the felony charge, defendants face additional pressure to plead guilty, he said."

One can see the reasons for trying to reduce the charges. It won’t go anywhere.

1 Like

Not a chance in hell.

It should be highly against the law to assault the police.

Allan

your post is disingenuous. There are protests aimed at defunding police. If you want to say the protestors can go to hell… I’m with you.

And they will fall on deaf ears.

Extremists only don’t want police.

They are in the extreme minority.

Allan

There were protests. Many of the protests in VA (mainly Richmond) have been about removal of the traitorous statues of Confederate soldiers. Other protests have been about police reform. If folks wanna single out those who want to defund the police without looking at all of the reasons folks are protesting, that is disingenuous.

Some people protest wearing underwear. Protests are good. Freedom of assembly and free speech. Doesn’t mean that anything is gonna come of it. Those are laws.

1 Like

Kinda like the one I found for BIden only Biden’s is smaller. :wink:

1 Like

the following is a public service announcement.

or
in the words of Phil Robertson

“Happy Happy Happy”

Enjoy, brother.

The only thing that will be big for biden is the number of electoral votes cast for him in december.

Allan

Steady

2 Likes

Biden flags too. Amazon sells them in 4 colors.

1 Like

Did Dover vote in the majority to elect Trump? Did New Jersey?

And we’ll see how long they can hold it.

Of course flooding the state with democrats may have had something to do with it… .

VA has been considered as a purple state for quite along time as a result of that.